Browning x bolt opinions

elk wallow

I was looking at the Browning x bolt but don't have any experience with them. They're not cheap but I see they are already bedded and have a free floated barrel. I was looking to maybe get one in 26 Nosler. Any feedback would be great.

Thanks, Kevin

I have a X-bolt medallion in .300 win and and a White Gold in .300 wsm. Both shoot MOA consistently. One thing that isn't talked about enough is that trigger on the X-bolt. Breaks like glass.

You won't be disappointed if you buy one

I have 2 X-bolts, wouldn't own anything else in that price range. They have excellent fit and finish and shoot very nice.

I have a basic stainless stalker xbolt in 300WSM and I'm a big fan. I have spent $10k on a couple other rifles this year and the xbolt is still a favorite and is very accurate. It took a couple hundred break in rounds to get there but its there. The 26 Nosler is too much of a good thing IMO, there are numerous other chamberings I'd prefer (almost all of them). The one-piece talley lightweights are a good choice in a hunting rifle.

My only complaints are that the factory synthetic stock is flimsy and there are no aftermarket triggers. That said i really like the shape of the stock and the trigger is pretty good, it just feels heavy coming off a 2 lb timney. Browning just released a long range model that comes in a mcmillan game scout stock, I can only hope that means micky will do xbolt inlets soon!

X-Bolt Hells Canyon Long Range McMillan

Attachments

• bloody pack.jpg
    bloody pack.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 1,264
I have a basic stainless stalker xbolt in 300WSM and I'm a big fan. I have spent $10k on a couple other rifles this year and the xbolt is still a favorite and is very accurate. It took a couple hundred break in rounds to get there but its there. The 26 Nosler is too much of a good thing IMO, there are numerous other chamberings I'd prefer (almost all of them). The one-piece talley lightweights are a good choice in a hunting rifle.

My only complaints are that the factory synthetic stock is flimsy and there are no aftermarket triggers. That said i really like the shape of the stock and the trigger is pretty good, it just feels heavy coming off a 2 lb timney. Browning just released a long range model that comes in a mcmillan game scout stock, I can only hope that means micky will do xbolt inlets soon!

X-Bolt Hells Canyon Long Range McMillan

For that price you can buy a sako which is a better rifle with lots of options for add on parts.

I have 4 browning rifles, 2 xbolts and really like them. best rifles in that price range by far IMO

I have one in 270 that is the most accurate out of the box rifle I've ever purchased. 130 sst running hot shoot in the .2s and.3s all day. ...Keep some sandpaper handy if you plan on loading the plastic stock on a bipod.

I so hope I can buy that game scout stock for my X bolt. I've been wanting to upgrade the stock and that's exactly what I was looking for. I may need to build a 6.5 SAUM on that action now.

I have a stainless stalker in 270wsm. With some handloading it has proven to be a very accurate rifle. Have had it for about 6 years or so got it when I was 15. Took my first deer with it and it still gets used every season.

Attachments

• 20150831_141212.jpg
    20150831_141212.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 739
I have an xbolt white gold medallion and an a bolt. I probably wouldn't ever buy another one new. Not worth price in my opinion.

Was out with the 300WSM xbolt today doing some load dev with the new 200 ELDx bullets. Didn't take long, really didn't shoot a bad group at all, the tightest group printed 3 identical MV's back to back (yes i'm skeptical of the prochrono but I verified 3 separate times today with my magnetospeed).

I was bouncing back and forth between the xbolt and a new 700 custom in 6.5 SAUM. The X-bolt shot better than my custom with the 143 ELD, has a better mag setup, smoother bolt and 60 degree throw.. I think its a **** good buy for $800.

200%20ELD%20x%2001.24.2016_zpsaqrvbn7b.jpg