Browning X-Bolt Re-Barrel

I have a Browning X-Bolt in 26 Nosler that I have been considering re-barreling to 7mm PRC. Anyone have any experience with X-Bolts in this regard? If so I would appreciate any input. And if we go down that path what twist rate would you go with on the barrel? Probably would not go beyond 180 grain projectiles and thinking a 20" barrel.

Kevin Weaver of Weaver Rifles has done numerous Browning rebarrels, A-Bolt and X-Bolt rifles, he's in Colorado. I believe he has a 7 PRC reamer ready to go.
Kevin does have a 7mm PRC reamer, but he is also very concerned that the gun owner has obtained ammo/brass/dies, or understands that it is their responsibility, since gunsmiths like their customers don't have an inside track for getting that stuff. Exactly why I haven't had him start a build for me yet.

Kevin does have a 7mm PRC reamer, but he is also very concerned that the gun owner has obtained ammo/brass/dies, or understands that it is their responsibility, since gunsmiths like their customers don't have an inside track for getting that stuff. Exactly why I haven't had him start a build for me yet.
Gotcha. Planning to do just that. Hopefully Hornady will produce some ammo soon. Their ammo for my 6.5 PRC has proven accurate, but not quite as accurate as Norma and I like Norma brass a bit better than Hornady.

Gotcha. Planning to do just that. Hopefully Hornady will produce some ammo soon. Their ammo for my 6.5 PRC has proven accurate, but not quite as accurate as Norma and I like Norma brass a bit better than Hornady.
Over the last couple of weeks, I was able to purchase two boxes of ELD-X at Scheels and one ELD-X and one ELD-M at Sportmans Warehouse, so its slowly dripping out of the faucet. SpWH got three boxes in their first shipment and two in their second. Scheels had four boxes on the shelf. I bought two, but I don't know how many they had originally, and I haven't seen any since. However, I understand and agree with your choice for brass. I'm holding out for something other than Hornady for reloading dies, so that could no doubt take months. Just like Christmas!

Over the last couple of weeks, I was able to purchase two boxes of ELD-X at Scheels and one ELD-X and one ELD-M at Sportmans Warehouse, so its slowly dripping out of the faucet. SpWH got three boxes in their first shipment and two in their second. Scheels had four boxes on the shelf. I bought two, but I don't know how many they had originally, and I haven't seen any since. However, I understand and agree with your choice for brass. I'm holding out for something other than Hornady for reloading dies, so that could no doubt take months. Just like Christmas!
Hey someone just told me Christmas was just around the corner. Ha! Can't remember if his name was Hunter or Joe. Oh well.