Wyoming 90-10, it’s starting

you must be new
UT pulled tags out of the draw
NM went to 6%.
AZ went to 5%/5%.
Yes I'm new only been hunting 47 years and going out of state to idaho Montana and Wyoming since 1993. I'm pretty ignorant to what happens and luckily I don't make assumptions only facts.
Obviously I'm unable to make my issue and disagreement with what Wyoming did in this specific situation.

Why don't all you NR whiners shut up and see how this rolls out. The only thing that changed is the percentage of license's given to NR.
Quit buying points if you wish. But run your own state and shut up. We the residents of WY will pick up the slack here.

Do you only hunt in your County of residence? Maybe the County next to you should tell you to shut up and run your own County...afterall, you're a non-resident.

Last edited:
Heres the funny part.....if you've been putting in for years for a big animal tag...maybe you should have just bought one......and got it over with....
Helll....now you have to pay huge fees to go shoot rodents on places that are considered vermin.....being it prairie dogs or pigs.......in some cases deer and elk...
Put the money up front....

Well in that case, I see your point.
My buddies and I want to throw a bachelor party next Saturday. We would like to use your house for the venue. Maybe just the kitchen, living room, a couple of bathrooms, and the porch/grill. After all, we pay federal taxes and you gain from them with roads, schools, infrastructure, national defense. We would like to start at five p.m. and maybe wrap up by noon Sunday.
You and The state of Wyoming have nothing invested in my house.

This has been discussed many times. Looks like it's law now for some species. Elk, deer, and antelope probably not far behind.

Crappy deal for out of state hunters but understandable.

The residents of the state certainly need to be the priority for the State Gov't.

With the explosive growth in their population since 1990, much of it hunters and fisherman moving to Wyoming for those reasons it was pretty well inevitable we'd see this sooner rather than later.

The more people flee from the coasts to the interior of the country the more of this we're going to see to the point that eventually most of us will not ever be able to draw and may not even be able to afford a hunting or fishing license if we do.

The states will not suffer much if any from a loss of income because the continued increases in population will generate even more income than they are potentially going to lose.

Well in that case, I see your point.
My buddies and I want to throw a bachelor party next Saturday. We would like to use your house for the venue. Maybe just the kitchen, living room, a couple of bathrooms, and the porch/grill. After all, we pay federal taxes and you gain from them with roads, schools, infrastructure, national defense. We would like to start at five p.m. and maybe wrap up by noon Sunday.
you are comparing apples to golf balls.....

you are comparing apples to golf balls.....
Not really. A whole lot of folks over the last 3 decades have literally put everything they have into moving there, many of whom are there for the hunting and fishing.

If a state's first priority isn't taking care of it's residents I don't know what is.

I do think they should have to refund all the cash we've donated over the years buying preference points though as this ruling is essentially stealing 90% of that money since a good many won't live long enough now to ever draw a tag.

I love hunting Wyoming, and especially how NR friendly the draw process and point system are (my opinion that I'm aware many don't share). Never expected to draw any of the big 5, but I really hope they don't make the same change to elk, deer, and antelope. Especially the outfitter tags. DIY is the only way many of us can afford to venture into these beautiful western states and I fear outfitters could turn western hunting into a sport for the rich only.

Why don't all you NR whiners shut up and see how this rolls out. The only thing that changed is the percentage of license's given to NR.
Quit buying points if you wish. But run your own state and shut up. We the residents of WY will pick up the slack here.
You seem nice. Hope you start paying NR-level prices for your hunting licenses. Not the rest of the state--just you.

I was buying a NR deer tag in Idaho...main reason is because i like hunting deer ad I can pack one out in few trips...elk are no longer a target in my scope.....
I'd gladly pay to play to keep chasing critters to put meat in my freezer...and cash into small-town hotels..food joints....
To help keep my resident state people employed.....

This is not a place to go picking fights. Everyone is allowed to voice their opinions even if they conflict with ours.

Investements..into entertainment...
Get their money back...haha....do you get your money back on scratch-off gambling tickets.....no...you put it in..you lose it..gone.....
Oregon had 90/10 long ago...
I some cases it helped guides because they got tag mounts allocated to them..better than drawing odds..
Only real drawback to this is if animals have a problem(winter die off..disease) those tag numbers could be reduced again.....
Best thing could come out of it is residents getting opportunities for sustenance tags.....
Guess more California's would need to become VEGANS.......

As I have reed through these posts the thing I have noticed is no one has talked about how this will affect the younger generation of hunters . I'm 77 have had the opportunity to draw several tags in Wyoming over the years . Have met some great people an harvested some good animals , these things the younger hunter may not have that opportunity to experience !!