Wyoming 90-10, it’s starting

338weatherby

That's a good thing, residents should get preference and I'm not from Wyoming. Not sure how they came up with the math in this article but whatever?? Does show the problem with preference point systems and how point creep will eventually get out of control.

That's a good thing, residents should get preference and I'm not from Wyoming. Not sure how they came up with the math in this article but whatever?? Does show the problem with preference point systems and how point creep will eventually get out of control.
I agree. Posted just because there has been discussion on this in the past on here. I've always said that I agree with the residents getting preference as it is their state regardless of BLM lands. The point system is flawed and creep is out of control already. Points should be refunded at least if they won't be able to be used.

Not a good thing when people have been buying preference points for $150 a pop over 20 years. That's a lot of money to have invested only to have the state change the rules of the game on you.

Not a good thing when people have been buying preference points for $150 a pop over 20 years. That's a lot of money to have invested only to have the state change the rules of the game on you.
Colorado upped its pp fes a few years back also ( for moose, sheep, ram)

I am from WY and now I might get a moose tag before I'm too old to hunt them. I don't want to see this happen to pronghorn or even deer and elk for that matter. We have more antelope than people and they are fun to hunt. I don't want to see that locked up. I have met a lot of non-resident hunters that are good people. So I have mixed feelings on the subject myself.

I am from WY and now I might get a moose tag before I'm too old to hunt them. I don't want to see this happen to pronghorn or even deer for that matter. We have more antelope than people and they are fun to hunt. I don't want to see that locked up. I have met a lot of non-resident hunters that are good people. So I have mixed feelings on the subject myself.
And a resident shouldn't have to worry about never getting a tag while they are young enough to hunt. However, this is really going to suck for us nonresidents who respect and look forward to hunting in Wyoming. We are guests there and I get it and the way I conduct myself while there reflects it. If I put myself in the residents shoes and think about not be able to deer hunt in MN while nonresidents are, I'd be pretty upset.

Investements..into entertainment...
Get their money back...haha....do you get your money back on scratch-off gambling tickets.....no...you put it in..you lose it..gone.....
Oregon had 90/10 long ago...
I some cases it helped guides because they got tag mounts allocated to them..better than drawing odds..
Only real drawback to this is if animals have a problem(winter die off..disease) those tag numbers could be reduced again.....
Best thing could come out of it is residents getting opportunities for sustenance tags.....
Guess more California's would need to become VEGANS.......

Very interesting and good article bringing some huge aspects and realities few have a clue about. It appears all governmental actions are poorly thought out even in Wyoming. I understand all the emotional "feelings" people have. Facts don't care about feelings even on this.
Luckily we will burn our Antelope points next year, and will have some hard thinking on what to do our Deer and Elk points.

Very interesting and good article bringing some huge aspects and realities few have a clue about. It appears all governmental actions are poorly thought out even in Wyoming. I understand all the emotional "feelings" people have. Facts don't care about feelings even on this.
Luckily we will burn our Antelope points next year, and will have some hard thinking on what to do our Deer and Elk points.
Hearing this was coming, I burnt my elk and antelope tags last year. Sitting on some deer points for now.

Investements..into entertainment...
Get their money back...haha....do you get your money back on scratch-off gambling tickets.....no...you put it in..you lose it..gone.....
Actually you do get the ticket after you pay for it, and you have the opportunity you paid for to succeed.
Only real drawback to this is if animals have a problem(winter die off..disease) those tag numbers could be reduced again.....
Who will make up the financial deficit to the agencies budget?
Best thing could come out of it is residents getting opportunities for sustenance tags.....
Sustenance tags for sheep goats moose for populations unable to withstand resident hunting as it is? Ok reference the odds of your scratch ticket winning.
Guess more California's would need to become VEGANS.......
Not all Californians eat wild game meat. In fact even in Wyoming or other states the percentage of the population eating wild game meat is fractional.
Facts still don't care about feelings.

I like the part of your post that states , it appears all government actions are poorly thought out.

I kinda threw in the towel on the point system in CO ,
I made a mistake a few years back on my application, and all my points ended up like part of a country song , ( poof you was gone ) .