Wtb-- color (black) bear hunt

remcraz

Does anyone know of a place that you can drive not fly and have a very good chance at a colored black bear and that includes outfitters. I have harvested a few black and am wanting a color bear
thanks tede

Most of the color phase black bears are in the Canadian provinces of Alberta, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan. On the far west in BC you'll find mostly black as in the far east of Ontario.
I've killed a bunch of bears in Alberta, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan to include Blonde bears. If you're willing to drive that far, send me a pm and I'll give you some options of outfitters that I know and have hunted with.

Alpine Outfitters in Grand Prarrie Alberta has allocations in 520 and 528 (east and north east of the Peace River). All their hunters have a 35% chance for color phase bear. The outfitter Lowell and Shawnell Davis are second to none with their bear hunts. You might even get a wolf while on your hunt. Alberta has had a two bear limit. Great value hunt. They have a web site "Alpine Outfitters".

Nat Lambeth

If they can't get you in, then call Mike White owner of Legend Outfitting. He's in the same area , Grand Prarie AB and offers a great hunt.
I've hunted with him many times.
Google up "Legend Outfitting", tell him I sent you.

Remcraz-

I see you are in VA, not sure how far you want to drive, as flying is often pretty convenient.

Come out to Oregon, spend your money in the US...lol

Honestly though, I've taken several color phased bears with Southern Oregon Outfitters...look them up. In fact, I have yet to take a Black colored black bear with them.

IDEAL...IDEAL long range conditions!!

like''ommedia'' said Oregon. Im from eastern Oregon, and we see alot of color phased bears over here. Im a DIY guy myself because i live and hunt here. however Cornicopia Outfitters out of Halfway Oregon hunts most of the same ground i do, AND some that i cant get too w/o horses. you may want to give them a call.
Ive taken 2 ''red'' bears, 1 two tone kinda cinnimon colored bear, and if it were bigger id have taken a beautiful blonde bear with a reddish maroonish saddle color on his back. Ive only taken 1 all black so far. My buddies regularly see and harvest redish colored bears here too.
Depending on where you hunt and what kind of shape your in, many long range oppertunities present themselves. however, GETTING TO your quarry even though you can SEE it can present a real challange. The Snake River canyon is the DEEPEST canyon in North America. Choose your shots wisley! and bring a salt shaker and matches. Or a hellicopter if your pocketts are deep enough haha. Its some pretty mean country but chalked full of bruins if you can get to em. Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts