Where to rifle black bear hunt?

My son took friend out on 3 bears this fall. Its his favorite time,Hes taken around 10 bears and it 27.If you know good berry hills you can score. Ive seen 5 bears many times.13 grizzly in one day is my record

They are easier to locate in the spring when they can be glassed at distance, spotted on snowfields, green meadows, scree fields… Seeing a bear in the mountains in the fall is kind of rare and they don't seem to stick in one place for long. I don't mess with them because I don't really like eating bear but I think my feelings on this are sort of general consensus in the Rockies.
Have you hunted them in the Rockies?

Have you hunted them in the Rockies?
A little bit. I always buy a tag and I have been on some spring hunts. I could have shot some but never have and probably never will. I spend a lot more time in the mountains in the fall than I do in the spring but I see 5 times more bears in the spring. That's about all I have to go on.

My son took friend out on 3 bears this fall. Its his favorite time,Hes taken around 10 bears and it 27.If you know good berry hills you can score. Ive seen 5 bears many times.13 grizzly in one day is my record

Yeah if you can find a good berry crop it can be a very productive area, if the berries are tough to find then the bruins will be on the move and won't stick around much. I do love fall hunting and no doubt it can as good as hitting the spring right.

Spring is about timing, get the timing right and you're Golden. Fall is about berries, get a good berry crop and you're Golden.

In the country we hunt, (Central and SWMT) beginning May 13 and to the 21st is the best week of the year. I'd say on average 80-90% of the bears are out and yet there isn't food (grass everywhere...) so they're still a bit concentrated. May 27th hits and around here the calves are dropping and you'll find the large boars hunting for them. The other thing and even better yet about May 27 is that they start to rut. If you've been hunting a area hard all of a sudden some bruiser that you hadn't seen b4 will show up. IME, you'd better kill him that night or you'll more than likely never see him again. They travel so much during the rut that they're tough to pin down!

Either time you hunt it is a great time to be out in the Rockies!

Yeah if I recall right, for some odd reason they (FWP) chooses to close the season up your way Mid 15th. That's about when they should open the darn thing...I say open it then and keep it open until July 1st

A little bit. I always buy a tag and I have been on some spring hunts. I could have shot some but never have and probably never will. I spend a lot more time in the mountains in the fall than I do in the spring but I see 5 times more bears in the spring. That's about all I have to go on.
One other thing, you will more than likely find that there are good spring areas and good fall areas and they aren't always the same. ..