Alberta Black Bear Hunt-08

Bobcat

I am a little embarrassed to post this after watching "the video" and then seeing that monster brown bear with the great shot.

Oh, well...........

A group of us spent the first 10 days of May hunting black bear up in northern Alberta, Canada. Our camp was on the Chinchaga River just south of the Northwest Territories. When we arrived in camp the river was one big ice flow and the bears were not all out moving yet. Seven of us managed to get ten bears. I had a unique experience. I got to see a wolverine while I was hunting and got a little video of him with my digital camera! I also got to see pine martins for the first time in the wild. We had a great time!!

Bob

The River

bciceflow.jpg

Cook Tent

cooktent.jpg

First Days Bears

bears3.jpg

My Bear

bcbearpile2.jpg

Morning Coffee

jrbcshooterpit.jpg

It looks like you had a great time Bobcat and that's what counts. How big was the bear that you ended up harvesting and how many were you seeing? Congratulations; judging by the pictures it was a memorable hunt. -- Don

That looks like a great hunt.

The camp atmosphere/ambeeance;) looks pleasant and inviting.

Especially with that TajmaBobcat dwelling.

Beaufull country.

There ain't much better than success.

Great hunt, great post. Nice bear.

Great hunting up that way, quite a few Griz as well. Did you happen to see any? That bear on the far right in your picture of three sure has a big pumkin head.

Might head up that way again this year for moose season, but will have to wait and see how the draws go.

Sounds like a great hunt, thanks for posting!
That pic of the morning coffee......Perhapes my favorite part of a hunt.

We did not have any grizzly encounters. My bear was just under 6'. John's was the biggest of the week. Here is another pic of his.

......and MachV.....you are right about that first cup of coffee!!

Bob

jrbear1woodpile.jpg

Texas Camo

larryshorts.jpg

After Hunting

bodallasjrpit.jpg

That does look like a great time! I've never shot a bear - would my .45/70 Marlin do up there or would something like a .300 mag be a better choice?

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

Congrats, Guy

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.