Would like to get a MATCH M-14 Full Auto

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
Back when I was in the Marines we were shooting at Quantico and my Brother Marine was a highly selected Scout Sniper. His real brother bought my friend a real deal Match m14 Full Auto as a gift and to use in competitions or in Service. I don't what it cost back then 1976 or even the paperwork. I sure wish I could get something like that now. Those prices go from the $30k to $40k Crazy.
When I was getting discharged another SGT at the Armory told me to go to a LGS off base and buy a Colt m16A1. It would be only Semi Auto. He told me to bring it back to him and if it didn't have the extra holes in the receiver he would drill them in for me and give me a hand full of trigger parts to make full auto, I almost did it, BUT my SGT pay per month was only $385 and the m16 was like $400. Heck I barely had enough gas money to get home. The USMC owed me back pay, but not for another month after I got out. I was always deployed and didn't get vacation time so when I was getting out i got an EARLY out. Some 38 days. They would not pay me until I was officially discharged. Never did get the M16 or the trigger parts.
I did shoot with a Special Forces guy a few years ago that got two M60s legally. They are a lot of fun if the ammo is being paid for by the tax payers.

M60's were fun to shoot. I shot one at the range that got hot enough to keep shooting after I let go of the trigger. The drill instructor was sitting next to me to snap the belt off to stop shooting. It was for demo purposes. Then we changed the barrel.
The early Colt receiver had small dimples where the holes had to be drilled. Later castings had to be machined out and measured carefully or the firearm would jam on select fire. Shooting at the range all day when the military paid for the rounds was fun. My pay for a month probably would not cover the ammo costs for a day.

"Match" "full-auto" seems like an oxymoron to me.
I like to shoot them in the same hole as fast as I can.
I would not mind having a M14 that was very accurate and also could shoot full auto.
The cost to purchase a full auto that was made before the ACT went into effect made all existing full autos $$$$$$$.
But the criminals can still get them!

I had a friend that had a friend with a full auto bull pup and a WWII browning machine gun and was looking for a place to shoot them. I said sure come on over, as I live in rural area with farm land. He shows up one day sets up the tripod and tarp to catch all the brass. Lastly he breaks out a note book out of a waterproof case and I ask what it was. He said all the paperwork to own the full auto rifles. He said no matter where he is shooting the cops always show up after someone reports automatic gun fire. A large time was had with that machine gun and cleared some shooting lanes behind the field. The cops did not show up and he said it was a first

Thanks

Buck

Had a friend with an MG 34 and an MG 42, with a selection of blank and regular barrels in several calibers. Egyptian 8mm, usually, or the wooden German blanks with the adapter that shredded the wooden bullets into splinters. At night they would put a tongue of flame 6 feet long from either one.

I would not mind having a M14 that was very accurate and also could shoot full auto.
The cost to purchase a full auto that was made before the ACT went into effect made all existing full autos $$$$$$$.
LOL.....I shot M14/M1A's for many years in Nat'l Match Course, and owned and used various Standard and Match versions and fired the old Nam 14's in full auto from the bipod. The recoil in auto makes a "match" chamber/barrel rather pointless, and the best way we were taught and found to "control" the 14 in auto pone was to raise the butt plate up and place it over the top of the shoulder. This did aide somewhat, to keep the rounds in a beaten area.

I guess owning a match 14 for semi-auto accurate fire but have the ability to also go rock-n-roll when events demanded could have its benefits.

Dual use concept seems great, but a Ferrari for towing a camper? A one ton dually race car?

Have two, one race gun and one test mule with a throat longer than a blue whale's.

MGs are crazy expensive but you get to shoot em and get your money back when you sell.

@

A couple of friends here in ATX have transferable M14s, accurized with heavy Krieger barrel in McMillan stocks with functional happy switch. They shoot really well in semi auto, and fun to shoot.

I've shot my double lugs in rattle battle. To put as many hits on eSilhouette in 50 seconds at 600 yards is pretty challenging. Better have a solid position.

Recent Posts