Worst Kicking Firearm?????

lerch

<strong>SPONSOR</strong>
I ws just thinking about some of the different fun spoiling guns i have shot in my life. The 270 feather light weatherby i started out on, 3.5" mag shotgun shells, stiff loaded muzzle loaders, etc etc.

So my question is, what is the meanest, tooth jarringiest, concussion givingest gun you have ever shot??????

Personally for me it is a tie between my Super Black Eagle shotgun loaded with a 3.5" 2.25oz turkey load with my back up against some scrub oaks, or maybe BJ's smokeless muzzleloader, that **** thing kicks

just wondering

steve

[ QUOTE ]
I ws just thinking about some of the different fun spoiling guns i have shot in my life. The 270 feather light weatherby i started out on, 3.5" mag shotgun shells, stiff loaded muzzle loaders, etc etc.

So my question is, what is the meanest, tooth jarringiest, concussion givingest gun you have ever shot??????

Personally for me it is a tie between my Super Black Eagle shotgun loaded with a 3.5" 2.25oz turkey load with my back up against some scrub oaks, or maybe BJ's smokeless muzzleloader, that **** thing kicks

just wondering

steve

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.. For me 270 gr at 3200 fps from an unbraked 378 WBY in a MK V.

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]
or maybe BJ's smokeless muzzleloader, that **** thing kicks

[/ QUOTE ]

That's mine. Thank goodness that scope has 5" of eye releif!!

worst would probably be eithe the 416weatherby or we have a single shot 12guage that was super light and would accept 3.5in trukey loads. both of wich I can to move me around. Oh, guess I have to add some slugs out of the 12guage. the ones I have are potent enough to actually open the slide on my 835 with out me pulling it back. almost worried that it is a hazard but it kills elk and deer whenever I want it to so i just hope for the best.

I'll have to go a long with POP on the 378 wby. i have one of roys 378 before he made his own action and the frist time i shot it off the bench i made the mistake of not having enough cheek pressure on the stock. And boy was that a big mistake /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Darn i thought MIKE TYSON done sucker punch me .

I shot a custom built 460 Wby once , the gun weighed just over 9lbs shooting a 500gr bullet at 2700fps, no scope luckly. I thought that it had honestly hurt me , my shoulderblade and spine between my shoulders was sore for a week and I had a stiff neck for a few days

The velocity of the recoil gets me more than the ft-lbs. That and gun fit, if it doesn't fit right it's gonna hurt. I've shot a 470 Nitro and loved it (until the concussion headache, **** short barrels). I've shot enough 3.5" goose loads in a day to actually leave a bruise on my shoulder, no problem. My dad's 375 H&amp;H model 700 (didn't fit right either) kicked my butt. I still want an Ultra Mag but I'm trying to find one with a stock that fits great.

Both barrels on a short little 10ga coach gun. It was an accident. I thought maybe I could get off a quicker followup shot if I put a finger on each trigger. Yea, it was very fast. I didn't hear the second shot. Just one big blast.

I have shot a few very lively lightweight Weatherby's and for me the stock redirects the recoil away from me and into muzzle rize. The heavier one are pure pleasure. To me the worst recoiling stock design on the planet is the Ruger canoe paddle in any magnum over 7Mag.

Bad triggers always seem to magnify recoil due to the anticipation. That is also another reason me and Weatherby's get along so well is they usually have excellent triggers. If not they will be after about 10-15 minutes of tuning.

The hardest kicking most painful weapon I shoot is that darn 500S&amp;W. You start launching 350 grain or bigger bullets above 1700 fps and that smarts clear back to my elbow.

Dont EVER unscrew the brake on a 50BMG...Their on there for a reason!!
A NEF 3½" is nasty with the lead weight taken out of the stock,shame on you Dad.
A 20mm Lahti round is kinda like getting kicked by a mule...A big dumb slow one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
A T-Rex is just plain MEAN,those guns realy aughta weigh more!!!
The 454Casual with 300 grain fullhouse loads is fer pansies
Oh ya we is a big dumb bastard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I will agree on the 378 WBY. I have one and I also have a 460 WBY and the 378 definately hurts more as it is much more sharp.

Now, I thought that was as bad as it could ever be until I built a 577 T-Rex on a #1. That thing will kick your ***!!

That has to be the most violent hardest kicking thing I have ever touched. I shoot 416 remington in a #1 all the time and it is pleasant to shoot but, that 577 is a nightmare!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.