Firearm Insurance

338weatherby

I've debated about a separate policy for years. Last I checked into it, my carrier wanted the collection appraised by a company. I told them I would do it. Then I was told I would have to fill out a bunch of paperwork to do it? Curious to what others have done. Some is covered under my "contents" in the homeowners for fire, but the amount is limited without a schedule and appraisal.

Tagging in on this. I'm covered under normal policy up to 10g without additional policy cost or appraisal. I do have more than that in firearms but never checked on additional cost for a policy.

I have separate from NRA Lockton Ins. I switched years ago since my insurance carrier decided to send proof of homeowner insurance for a home borrow. Which included full disclosure to a bank of my firearm rider that detailed every firearm. To say I went ballistic would be understatement. Sent certified letter to bank to destroy the rider with written confirmation it was done so. Sent same to insurance carrier holding them civilly liable as result if their careless actions. Both were simply thrilled with me. Immediately removed from my carrier and signed up with Locton. Been here orob 20+ years.

IMO, your normal homeowner insurance cannot be trusted with this type of documentation due to the potential antigun malcontent able to wreak havoc... oops as a mistake.

I have separate from NRA Lockton Ins. I switched years ago since my insurance carrier decided to send proof of homeowner insurance for a home borrow. Which included full disclosure to a bank of my firearm rider that detailed every firearm. To say I went ballistic would be understatement. Sent certified letter to bank to destroy the rider with written confirmation it was done so. Sent same to insurance carrier holding them civilly liable as result if their careless actions. Both were simply thrilled with me. Immediately removed from my carrier and signed up with Locton. Been here orob 20+ years.

IMO, your normal homeowner insurance cannot be trusted with this type of documentation due to the potential antigun malcontent able to wreak havoc... oops as a mistake.
Thanks Muddy. That's partially why I never moved forward with them and didn't turn in a list. Also, I'd feel better being insured by a company that does firearms specifically. I've got stuff from 1883 to current and obviously like a lot of folks on here, $$ can't be put to some. I do realize though that my obsession with them has grown to a dollar amount that I need to insure them. There are all recorded by me on a spreadsheet that is tied to a trust for the kids.