Firearm Insurance

Death Ray 7

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's Homeowner's Insurance doesn't come anywhere near covering their "collection".
I put the parenthesis around collection because most collectible insurance policies will not cover a firearm if you actually use them and I do like to exercise my right to manufacture spent brass at the range.
To make a long story short: Can anybody out there recommend an insurance company that covers firearms that are used on the range and hunting?
I understand they might not cover damage during actual discharge, but I would like theft, arson, accidental damage, and all that other stuff.
Also, I would like the policy to be for declared value, not actual value at the time of the loss.

I just bought 3 fire proff gun safe last year. Two for my gun one for my dad guns . If you Insurance your guns you will leave a paper trail that any one can look at at the Insurance company. or hackers . Then they will know what you have an how much they are worth . I had this happen to a friend of mine .

Grange mutual, It costs me 3 times as much as jewelry insurance, but it's worth it. $3.50 per hundred.

Inquire of the NRA. The insurer that handles the minimal insurance that's part of membership benefits will write a policy for whatever you need. Records are not kept for firearms of less than $1500 value. As I recall the rate may be less than $3.50/$100.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.