Wolf Hunting... which state is BEST???

the problem was they were able to grow to pack sizes that were unnaturally huge. Then they started doing what wolves do, including killing for fun
Why didn't the packs of wolves ALREADY here not blow up into super packs with all the same resources for decades?
A friend had over 70 rams sport killed a couple months ago and it was only a very small pack, never saw that large a scale killing with the original packs of the same sizes.

Why didn't the packs of wolves ALREADY here not blow up into super packs with all the same resources for decades?
A friend had over 70 rams sport killed a couple months ago and it was only a very small pack, never saw that large a scale killing with the original packs of the same sizes.
the super packs came from them going unchecked in yellowstone
Breed a few generations that have never gone hungry and you get absolute killing machines

the super packs came from them going unchecked in yellowstone
Breed a few generations that have never gone hungry and you get absolute killing machines
The packs that were here never blew up and they were here for generation in the same resources, if they are exactly the same wolf what made the difference?

Last edited:
The packs that were here never blew up and they were here for generation in the same resources, if they are exactly the same wolf what made the difference?
Unlimited food in Yellowstone allowed them to have massive litters of pups. Wolf pack are family groups. The whole alpha thing was a lie. Large families equal large packs. You get packs of 50 running around, they are going to kill a lot of animals

He's 3 Biggin's from Wyoming
Screenshot_20221223-092952.png
Screenshot_20221223-092905.png
Screenshot_20221223-092719.png

The Wolves were in check back in the days when the survival of mankind was to be always outdoors trying to make a living... raising crops... hunting.. ranching... attending or rounding up stock... and even just traveling around on foot or horse.... AND... most everyone had a WEAPON with them. Shooting things was an every day thing in order to survive. The development of firepower allowed everyone to deal with the menace of unwanted creatures... and... wanted creatures as well... like the buffalo... deer.... elk... and so forth. Everyone had to be outdoors doing and going, while shooting as they went. Men Women and children were outdoors all the time and ready to shoot or trap something for survival. Trappers probably did the BEST at reducing the wolves. Fur trade was a BIG BUSINESS for survival. People needed big game and small game for survival, and wolves were the enemies that reduced mankind's ability to go out to the wilderness grocery store for a meal. If we had to live today as they did back then... THEN .... the wolves would once again be in check. Not to even mention the amount of poison they used to keep them in check as well. It was either them or the wolves... self-defense was always the topic of the hour in their lives... how different it is today...WOW.

Wolf Hunting... which state is BEST???

Which state has the best opportunity for harvesting wolves... Wyoming... Idaho... or Montana...?
Idaho, for sure, as there are a lot more wolves in Idaho, due to them being released first there. The Idaho Fish & Game is open to allowing wolves to be hunted year around, as well, so they are very liberal with wolf hunting seasons and hunters that are hunting wolves specifically.

Wolves them selves are not the problem....its people living in the Cities that control what happens....
If wolves were in the Cities killing people then something would be done....

I live in a area on Lk. St. Clair coyotes were never seen until the late 90's now they walk down the street like a dog during the day a threat to any animal....there not afraid of a human and have plenty of food every garbage day....

Sold my hunting property in the Eastern UP last year because how the wolves had changed hunting and trapping to a point that I needed to get out before game animals were no longer present....
I shot and trapped coyotes every winter usually around 100 over the period of 5 years it went down to under 20 and I had to work to get that many.....in the area it went from seeing a set of wolf tracks once and a while to seeing tracks of packs up to 10 working a circuit every couple days threw my property....I would see wolves couple times a week...
The only place I would see deer tracks or deer were in about 10 acres around the house....I had 330 acres and it lockout access to over 12 sq. miles....
My neighbor and I went from feeding 200 + deer January-April to 9-15 everyday....deer just didn't die of natural causes unless being digested and pooped out of a wolf is natural....