Wolf Hunting... which state is BEST???

The Canadian Tundra Wolves, need to be Listed as,. VARMINTS, just like,.. the Coyote !
NOT, a stinking,.. "Trophy Animal" that, you HAVE to, Skin !
But, the Fed's LOVE these things, so that, they CAN, piszz AWAY,.. YOUR Tax Dollars ( Yes the Fed's STILL, Hunt/ Trap them and Payoff, the Farmers / Ranchers for, losses ).
You know these arent tundra wolves, right? They were trapped in alberta near hinton. They are grey/timber wolves. No different than the ones that were there before. Less of a difference between a shiras moose and a canadian moose. More along the lines of a canadian rocky mountain mule deer to a american rocky mountain mule deer

Everything has been buried deep, I know of a couple biologist that have personal papers but everything submitted is gone and those who don't tow the line get silenced. To those who were aware of and around the native wolves know there is a difference, the introduced wolves are nothing like the native ones that were here, 25 years ago we could tell the difference between a native and a northern wolf wandering through.
Science shows that animals of the same species grow larger in northern climates.
Compare Saskatchewan & Alberta whitetail deer to the whitetail deer in southern states. < Same species they just evolve more robust, same with wolves according to biologists. Southwestern states Coues deer, southeastern, U.S. swamp deer 80-90lbs. .
The genetics implanted into the states come from wolves that tended to have higher pack numbers and took down larger game.
Native Idaho wolves likely lived more-so on deer/elk fawns/antelope/etc. whereas the Canadian genetics took down moose/buffalo/elk/caribou and defended their kills from grizzly bears.
Marky,..
Here's,. some other PROOF that, the Canadian Wolves, are, MUCH Larger than, Our original, Idaho / Montana, "Native",.. Timber Wolves !
Personally, I'm convinced about, the Wolf Subject as, I know what, a couple of, Biologists, in Idaho have, told Me and,..
I have watched Documentaries about, the Canadian Wolves, taking Down, Buffalo and the Bigger, Moose / Musk Ox, in Canadian, State Parks.
These BIGGER, Wolves, have all but, WIPED OUT, the Elk, in a lot of, Central Idaho !
Our Elk and Moose population, has DROPPED, Big Time compared to, PRE- 2,000- 2005, levels !
I've personally seen these Wolves, Up close ( 3 of them, so far ) 2 at, about, 90-100 Yards ( Pre -Legal to, Shoot ) One at, 35 -40 yards trotting, when, Bow hunting Elk and, I missed him with, my arrow,.. THEY, ARE,.. Big !
Sorry if, the 3 of, us ( 2 guys, listed above, and I ) disagree with you, on "Size" but, MOST, Idaho hunters, want them,.. GONE !
OK, you can scratch, the WORD Tundra out of my Post, IF it makes you, feel better, BUT, they are, STILL the much Bigger,.. Canadian Wolves

Last edited:
Marky,..
Here's,. some other PROOF that, the Canadian Wolves, are, MUCH Larger than, Our original, Idaho / Montana, "Native",.. Timber Wolves !
Personally, I'm convinced about, the Wolf Subject as, I know what, a couple of, Biologists, in Idaho have, told Me and,..
I have watched Documentaries about, the Canadian Wolves, taking Down, Buffalo and the Bigger,.. Moose / Musk Ox, in Canadian, State Parks.
These BIGGER, Wolves, have all but, WIPED OUT, the Elk, in a lot of, Central Idaho !
Our Elk and Moose population, has DROPPED, Big Time compared to, PRE- 2,000- 2005, levels !
I've personally seen these Wolves, Up close ( 3 of them, so far ) 2 at, about, 90-100 Yards ( Pre -Legal to, Shoot ) One at, 35 -40 yards trotting, when, Bow hunting Elk and, I missed him with, my arrow,.. THEY, ARE,.. Big !
Sorry if, the 3 of, us ( 2 guys, listed above, and I ) disagree with you on Size but, MOST Idaho hunters,.. want them,.. GONE !
OK, you can scratch, the WORD Tundra out of my Post, IF it makes you, feel better BUT, they are, STILL the Bigger,.. Canadian Wolves
They are the same wolves plain and simple.
They kill your animals just as easily as they kill ours
If you dont think we have the same problem as you, your greatly mistaken
Most people overestimate the size of them too, the average canadian wolf is roughly 110 lbs. Big ones are 140. 200lb wolves are imaginary

The Biggest One, I've seen Pictures of, actually weighed 160 lbs that , was shot near, Idaho City.
Yup, they ARE, a "Problem" !
I have seen, Documentaries of, them running and Killing, Caribou, on the Open Tundra.
As, Bigngreen stated, they are much Larger than our,.. Original, "Timber" Wolf.

Last edited:
The Biggest One, I've seen Pictures of, weighed 160 lbs that , was shot near, Idaho City.
Yup, they ARE, a "Problem" !
I have seen, Documentaries of, them running and Killing, Caribou, on the Open Tundra.
LOL You know that the distance from where your wolves were trapped to where there are now, is like 1/4 to 1/5 of the distance it is to the tundra.... Right?
Those are a different subspecies
Those ones live in the same habitat as polar bears walruses and musk ox

So you are saying that, there are 4 Sub Species of, Wolves ?
Not 3 ?
There's also, a Sonoran ( aka, Mexican Wolf ) Wolf so, Make that, 4 species

There's definitely some truth in the statement that wolves in Northern Canadian providences do get larger than their US cousins. Even given they are the same species, they do grow larger just as the whitetail deer do and for the same reason. As stated by Marky Mark, 110-140 is probably a very accurate weight range and I'm sure 160+ have been harvested but those are hugely the exception and rarely will a male wolf grow to those weights. I'm not expert or a resident that lives among these canines but I do have a couple friends that hunt them in Canada and a few US states. 100-115 lb male wolves are large wolves. I've seen pics of 150+lb wolves killed being held up for a photo by a bear hug hold and they are massive wolves. I've seen some big Michigan wolves but big in this case is 80-90 lbs

They are the same wolves plain and simple.
They kill your animals just as easily as they kill ours
If you dont think we have the same problem as you, your greatly mistaken
Most people overestimate the size of them too, the average canadian wolf is roughly 110 lbs. Big ones are 140. 200lb wolves are imaginary
They are the same wolf now, prior to the introduction we had plenty of wolves already here, they were in no way nearly as aggressive and would stay remote. We could tell a wandering Canadian wolf when it came through cause they would get I to the livestock and be in areas the local wolves would not feel comfortable traveling. If they were the same wolf they would have wiped the elk out long before the introduction of these northern ones. Yes, people way over estimate a wolf's weight, the guy I learned to trap them from I believe weighted one at 122 lbs.

They are the same wolf now, prior to the introduction we had plenty of wolves already here, they were in no way nearly as aggressive and would stay remote. We could tell a wandering Canadian wolf when it came through cause they would get I to the livestock and be in areas the local wolves would not feel comfortable traveling. If they were the same wolf they would have wiped the elk out long before the introduction of these northern ones. Yes, people way over estimate a wolf's weight, the guy I learned to trap them from I believe weighted one at 122 lbs.
the problem was they were able to grow to pack sizes that were unnaturally huge. Then they started doing what wolves do, including killing for fun