Winchester M70 action

Ross1147

Laguna,

No not yet. I looked at it yesterday trying to see if I find any slots for screws to be down in and I couldn’t. I tried pulling the rubber apart on the back end just with my fingers and couldn’t find anything. I mean I could get it off, I’m just going to destroy it in the process. So I’m going to order a new one and have it on hand before I go tearing it apart.lol

ANARCHIST

I have had two of those with bridge issues NEVER again unless its a actual pre64 - I hope you checked the bridge to be true before wasting time & money. I still have a one piece floorplate & rifle basix trigger around here from my last Winchester mess.

Use a little dish soap water on your finger to find those holes press firmly with a finger the dish soap will allow your finger to slide and leave a tell-tale spot, insert a philips #2 screwdriver to remove recoil pad.

BTW I have a fancy stock for my classic too I never got to use = bought a Montana in same cal problem solved.

Ross1147

Well she’s finished. JES only took 12 days including shipping. 35 Whelen 1 in 14” twist. Worst part is having to wait to the weekend to shoot it!
9CBD3B4C-7CE8-4AA1-AE2E-FCA0EA57ADAA.jpeg

Alibiiv

LRH Team Member
Well she’s finished. JES only took 12 days including shipping. 35 Whelen 1 in 14” twist. Worst part is having to wait to the weekend to shoot it!View attachment 205814

JES does a nice job, easy to get the rifle done, Jess is a good person to do business with and he returns your phone calls in a reasonable time. Nice looking shooting iron you have there. JES rebored two rifles for me, two Ruger 77s from 30-06 to 35 Whelens and considering having him do one more.The most accurate bullet that I have found is the 225 grain Sierra GameKing, performance wise I have used the Barnes 225gr TSX, would not hesitate to shoot anything that walks this continent with it. The attachment is a photo the exit hole of a 235lb black bear that I shot a couple of years ago with the Barnes 225gr TSX bullet; quartering shot center chest, out behind the shoulder. You have a very nice set up there with the Leupold scope, it is what I use for black bear hunting. Enjoy your grandfathers rifle, lots of good memories there.

Attachments

• Bear1.JPG
    Bear1.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.