Montana gunsmith for a winchester m70 action

rooster740

So I am a winchester fan, be nice. I have three other precision rifles that I use for long range that utilize remington actions. These two projects have a sentimental value. I Have 2 lilja Octagon barrels that have been installed by a Bozeman Gunsmith that was highly recomended.
Ha ha ha
He did not do what he said he would do. One looks nice but shoots horrible, the other one shoots decent but looks like hell. I am not a gun smith but I do know what I want. For example I did not want a target crown which is sharp as a knife, that would shave off leather inside my saddle scabbord putting leather in my taped barrel every time I stuff my rifle in the scabbord! He said a rounded crown was a bad idea! After I had my metal to him he decided he would not inlet and put these barreled actions in the stocks I wanted, it was a nightmare! I do like to believe that I could have at least a .75 moa or better gun built on these actions, but maybe I am an idiot like he implied.

I would like to keep my business in Montana if possible!
Thank you
Hank

Dave Young @ Youngs Gunsmithing in Tracy MT. up by GT Falls. Great guy but he does get pretty busy. But his machining is very good. I have a few there now.

Jeff

Oldynski Guncrafting Dillon,Mt. Very good with Winchesters, very good machinist, great smith and he would understand your reasoning on the crown since he's a dang good cowboy as well. We've had three rifles done by him, 45-70 on a Mauser 98, 250 AI Savage and a 6.5 Sherman on a Model 70, all shooters.

This is the last one my dad had him do the machine work on and we finished up the stock and metal finish. http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f17/first-season-6-5-sherman-85980/

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.