Gunsmith recommendation in Montana

KRL1116

Not in Montana, however doesn't really matter with customs, highly recommended Lane Precision rifles in Idaho. Give Dallas a call and or check out his Web site. I can guarantee you would be amazed at his work! Second to none.

nksmfamjp

I have used Dennis Olson before. Good work.

What type of build? Long range hunter?

In MT, there are literally 50 great gunsmiths to do this work! I’m only talking about the guy I’ve used, but there are quite a few.

Heck, I think Jerry Fisher is still building rifles there!

climb-101

snowy mountain rifles is good, I have a couple from them and they were great to deal with. They are a little south of Missoula.

Dieselsteve

I have used Dennis Olson before. Good work.

What type of build? Long range hunter?

In MT, there are literally 50 great gunsmiths to do this work! I’m only talking about the guy I’ve used, but there are quite a few.

Heck, I think Jerry Fisher is still building rifles there!

Sorry I have been a way for awhile. I would like to put together a 300 wsm for my wife. The recoil on the rum is getting to be too much.

nksmfamjp

Sorry I have been a way for awhile. I would like to put together a 300 wsm for my wife. The recoil on the rum is getting to be too much.
Interesting...I wonder if she wouldn’t prefer 7mm-08 or 6.5-06AI or 6.5x55

highdrum

Alex Wheeler is probably the smith with the highest attention to detail in the state, perhaps the country, excellent reputation and his rifles flat out shoot.

FEENIX

LRH Team Member
Looking for recommendations for a gun smith in montana to build 300 wsm

I see that you're from Valier. That depends on how far you want to travel. Joe Starnes (406)-450-1919 of Longshot Rifles is in Conrad or Dave Young (his my go-to gunsmith, 406-403-1630) at Sandy Coulee just outside of Great Falls.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.