Winchester M70 action

Laguna,

No not yet. I looked at it yesterday trying to see if I find any slots for screws to be down in and I couldn't. I tried pulling the rubber apart on the back end just with my fingers and couldn't find anything. I mean I could get it off, I'm just going to destroy it in the process. So I'm going to order a new one and have it on hand before I go tearing it apart.lol

I have had two of those with bridge issues NEVER again unless its a actual pre64 - I hope you checked the bridge to be true before wasting time & money. I still have a one piece floorplate & rifle basix trigger around here from my last Winchester mess.

Use a little dish soap water on your finger to find those holes press firmly with a finger the dish soap will allow your finger to slide and leave a tell-tale spot, insert a philips #2 screwdriver to remove recoil pad.

BTW I have a fancy stock for my classic too I never got to use = bought a Montana in same cal problem solved.

Well she's finished. JES only took 12 days including shipping. 35 Whelen 1 in 14" twist. Worst part is having to wait to the weekend to shoot it!
9CBD3B4C-7CE8-4AA1-AE2E-FCA0EA57ADAA.jpeg

Well she's finished. JES only took 12 days including shipping. 35 Whelen 1 in 14" twist. Worst part is having to wait to the weekend to shoot it!View attachment 205814

JES does a nice job, easy to get the rifle done, Jess is a good person to do business with and he returns your phone calls in a reasonable time. Nice looking shooting iron you have there. JES rebored two rifles for me, two Ruger 77s from 30-06 to 35 Whelens and considering having him do one more.The most accurate bullet that I have found is the 225 grain Sierra GameKing, performance wise I have used the Barnes 225gr TSX, would not hesitate to shoot anything that walks this continent with it. The attachment is a photo the exit hole of a 235lb black bear that I shot a couple of years ago with the Barnes 225gr TSX bullet; quartering shot center chest, out behind the shoulder. You have a very nice set up there with the Leupold scope, it is what I use for black bear hunting. Enjoy your grandfathers rifle, lots of good memories there.

Attachments

• Bear1.JPG
    Bear1.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
I know this is a long time coming but too many other project going on and to be honest it just hurts flinging 250 grn bullets.lol. Only shot it at 50 yds so far until today. Pulled it out and these were the first 3 shots at 100 yds with a 6x scope. These were 245 grn Shock Hammers at 2600 fps. Money!

Attachments

• 74865084-4217-480A-8CE2-CF2D734078E8.jpeg
    74865084-4217-480A-8CE2-CF2D734078E8.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 45