Why the mad dash on reloading supplies?

+1 on the YOU are over stepping. What makes you think you're views are so right and what the majority thinks????. Maybe you should try to respect everyones views or opinions whether you agree with them or not.........just saying. BTW......some of what I said was obviously taken out of context.......not sure what the agenda is.

Any good reloader realizes you should stock up for about a year in advance. Going down and buying 1 Lb. of powder and 1 box of primers and 1 box of bullets etc.... that is just begging to get bit in the *** by a market hiccup. My mentor has enough on had to last several years...me I only have enough for a couple years or so if I am shooting regularly.

I will wait for things to get quiet again, then stock up on some more :p

I was amazed to see how most every thing was bought up. I just went looking for some new powders and a couple of boxes new bullets to try. I found a pound of one powder I wanted. I do not buy 8lb of new powder I've never used before as any good reloader should understand. I buy 1 pound until you know how it will shoot. Same for buying a box of new bullets, I buy 100 versus a thousand. I just like to go to the range and try new loads now and then. As far as primers go, I've no idea how many I have but lets just say, I'm not worried and won't be for a long time.
I've got 50 some years of reloading stuff around so I'm not really out, I may change some of my loads as time goes by. As for hunting loads, me, my son and grandsons will not be with out reloaded hunting ammo for many years.
I did want just one box of 50 .22 long rifle hollow points for the pesky varmits around the house for that is all I wanted and did not need more. I'm old enough and crippled enough I gave up hunting small game with a .22 years ago. I only need a box every 5 years or so, I do have a couple thousand rounds of .22 match ammo that I will use so no big deal. I just was amazed that there was no .22 long rifle hollow points any where.

+1 on the YOU are over stepping. What makes you think you're views are so right and what the majority thinks????. Maybe you should try to respect everyones views or opinions whether you agree with them or not.........just saying. BTW......some of what I said was obviously taken out of context.......not sure what the agenda is.

Well, I wasn't trying to start an argument, and I see no need to go any farther with this thread , myself that is... I just have say my opinion and I say good luck and I hope you get enough ammunition , because we all may need it in the near future. The more the Government does for you the more money it costs us, and thats a fact. Unless you don't see it that way.

@hubb,

I certainly agree with trying new recipe's! Right now is probably not a great time to attempt to try different things :p Personally I would love to try some of the upcoming Lapua LS bullets ... good luck right~!

Gary

I and am sure most of us see your point Charlie and its a valid one=things are more than crazy AGAIN. I say again because we saw low supplies before Y2K,after Oboma was obveiosly going to be elected the first time and again now.
I for one buy about $100 worth of supplies every payday....when things are going smooth, I have only spent $32 since the mad dash started and will not till they become available again. I'll wager most of the guys on the board are doing something of the same. Its the weekend worriors and new shooters that are doing most of the damage. The greedy ones will loose in the long run!
Your legislation comment just struck a nerve,sorry we dont agree on that point.

385269_575525062475047_1952961747_n.jpg

@hubb,

I certainly agree with trying new recipe's! Right now is probably not a great time to attempt to try different things :p Personally I would love to try some of the upcoming Lapua LS bullets ... good luck right~!

Gary

Thanks for wishing me luck !
I for sure can testify to the fact now is not the best time to decide to try new things. I do feel very sad for so many of the shooters, especially the younger ones looking for any of the AR guns,some other rifles and pistols, and most any ammunition or components. I've had a long time to gather most of what I feel I need.
Many younger guys (and Gals) were waiting until after Christmas or looking for tax refunds to buy new guns or what ever and this blows up on them. I feel their pain and I'm sadden for them. It would be very hard to know that the gun you saved so long and hard for just shot up close to double and is now unreachable in a matter of a very few weeks.
I saw in another post here a guy said he had to show a conceal carry permit to buy empty brass for his rifle at a gun show, it was not New York either, now that is sick.
I do feel as every one of us does that we are in for a fight for our rights like we've never seen. They are moving again to sign the world trade arm agreement on top of all else that is going on. That will take away most all of our guns. They are not talking about that in the news so much, but 1 day after the election they started the ball rolling on that again after the NRA got it stopped last summer. That would give us gun laws like Britian and Australia.
May we all join together and defeat all these nonsense laws and get back the rights for those in the states that have already lost most of theirs. We are all one, whether we shoot AR's, shot guns, rifles or pistol. I do not look down on any and enjoy them all.
I wish us all luck

You are full well entitled to your opinion but it's certainly not a +1. Just one.

I don't believe the majority of posters on this site feel the way you do but then again you are entitled to your opinion.

Yeah...... ok........SidecarFlip who made you the voice of the forum.....lol..... :rolleyes: In regards to my comment about govt getting involved in the price gouging....I only said that because I feel someone should...if not Gov't then someone. I think retailers are really taking advantage of people right now.

You are crazy if you think that small outfit mom and pop type stores should not raise their prices. It really stinks for the average person who has been saving a little here and a little there to buy an AR and then watch the prices climb and then jump thru the roof sure...
The gun store is trying to make a profit. If they sell all of their inventory at old standard prices and then cannot get any new stock in for a month or three what are they going to do? Be closed for that time? Does anyone think that their rent or fixed costs go away? Can they tell the bank sorry I cant get any more rifles in stock to sell so I cant pay my bills right now?
No they raise their prices and make money when they can.
Anyone who would ask for Government Regulations to stop increasing prices during a crazy increase in demand (and especially on firearms) is completely looney. Talk about inviting the fox into the hen house!!!

So if the gun store sells all of thier inventory of ARs at old/regular prices say 700-1000 dollars each and the buyers turn around and sell them for double or more on the internet who is the fool? What if now the gun store cant get any back in stock in a long time?

I cant wait for everything to get back to closer to normal. I am working on a new .375 Weatherby and a .300 RUM trying to get loads developed... but this hysteria is making it really difficult.

Obviously, I touched a nerve with some talking about the greedy, selfish, paranoid, and the gov't. It's the Democrats fault!

Yeah...... ok........SidecarFlip who made you the voice of the forum.....lol..... :rolleyes: In regards to my comment about govt getting involved in the price gouging....I only said that because I feel someone should...if not Gov't then someone. I think retailers are really taking advantage of people right now.

I appointed myself btw, at least concerning this scenario. You may (lol), I'm not.

You feel that someone should..... That someone is you. You obviously don't get it and that makes you a distinct minority on this forum. You need to stick to the techinical posts. You are way 'out gunned' on this subject.

Read my signature line. It says it all......

The funny thing is that most of what's being purchased right now is not being consumed but rather stored for, who knows how long. The next several batches that become available will be horded as well by those who missed their hording opportunity. The retailers are not really making out like bandits. They had an inventory and most of that was wiped out in the first go around at regular price. Even the retailer can't get a hold of replacement components which prevents them from making it up in volume so they basically cleared their shelves in a couple of days and are sitting on their butts with no income for months to come because their shelves are bare.

I doubt to many people are plinking or working up loads because it'll be forever before they can restock. Pretty much everybody but the manufactures in the shooting sports world are crapped out.

It's a good time to take up fishing.

I appointed myself btw, at least concerning this scenario. You may (lol), I'm not.

Yeah..... You're right about that... "I" am laughing.... :D If you want to continue conversing civilly, let's do it in PM, not here. I didn't intend to hijack this forum, my apologies to the thread starter.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.