Why the mad dash on reloading supplies?

All this worry about guns but more people kill themselves with booze and cigarettes everyday. And it causes just as much if not more family pain and trauma because it goes on for years and years before the coffin nails get hammered home.

Chalk me up on the squares. No booze though, I'm a non-drinking alcoholic. see, life is about choices. I choose one for the other.

Something that politicians can't comprehend. For them, the only choice they project is their choice with no options. Thats BS.

All this worry about guns but more people kill themselves with booze and cigarettes everyday. And it causes just as much if not more family pain and trauma because it goes on for years and years before the coffin nails get hammered home.

I smoke but do not drink alcohol very often, coffee on the other hand is well.....a habit. Anyway.........................That is the trick, the gag, the rotten evil point to all of this is NOT ABOUT SAVING ANYONE. If it was there are a million things you could do that could make some difference but nothing can stop everything all the time. This is about the slow conquering of a people. It is not about school kids or gangs or even violence, It is about an ancient and ongoing battle for control. Free people can be scary, a Free person could do or be anything and we can't have that. We peasants can not be trusted to choose our own path especially when they know best. At the same time you can not be literally forced to do anything while you retain the means to meet force with force. Minimizing and eventually removing your ability to do so is what this is about.

second part of my order for reloading supplies has just arrived.

Rock Chucker Kit, case trimmer, and a few other odds and ends.

No brass, powder, bullets, primers in any stores within 50miles... factory ammo is still well stocked at Gander Mountain & Wal-mart (havn't heard what is going on for sure in NY over background checks on ammo purchases)

But this shortage realy puts those of us starting out in a cruddy place, I was hoping to reload for my .243 so I had the hang of it when my 280 gets built but doesn't appear as though there will be any reloading in this house anytime soon.

Obama = Communism

Communism = empty shelves

Was in wally world last week (we got 5) to get a card for my new camera and looked down the ammo case to see how things were and it only had 1 box .243Win - 6 boxes of 7MMR and couple boxes of Shotgun shells. I bought the box of .243Win 100 gr. Feds cause they were only $18.xx and being a bean counter mentality I knew the next time I see them rounds they will be $19.xx or $2X.xx. lightbulbInvestment with no depreciation! The G.D. (4 yrs old) will thank me some day, if~n I live long enough.:D We were here just 4 years ago also-remember.:rolleyes:

It seems like bullet makers are barely able to keep up under the normal demand. I wonder what Henry Ford would do?

Ramp up production, hire more workers (jobs, what a concept) and make moonshine on the side...(Ford developed a method for distilling corn liquor during prohibition, he wanted to build a car to run on alcohol and what do we have now? Ethanol crap.... go figure.

Ramp up production, hire more workers (jobs, what a concept) and make moonshine on the side...(Ford developed a method for distilling corn liquor during prohibition, he wanted to build a car to run on alcohol and what do we have now? Ethanol crap.... go figure.

yup...but just one question, how much of the work is skilled labor? We have a lot of jobless with no skills right now. OTOH, they could get great PR by setting up their own training schools to give people the skills

the problem is, if factory is running at max capacity and say a month behind demand what happens when they build a new factory 1/2 the size of the current one?

now they are 6+ months AHEAD of demand, more money in the red to build new facility and equip it, and faced with possibly having to lay workers off durring the "normal" periods between government focus on guns, so the only way to make ends meet is to increase the cost to the consumer

Ford had an ever expanding demand for his products, the demand for bullets is probably no where near the demand he had for cars and the number of shooters probably isn't growing due to the media, video games, urbanization, ect...

Another piece of the puzzle is how QA tends to slip a bit... I will absolutely wait till things get quiet again before I go out and buy more stock...

If you owned a factory, would you spend capital cost (new machines, new space, new hiring) to produce a product that might be banned? To produce a product that demand might fall through the floor on?

OTOH Why the <bleeeep> is everywhere out of 6mm Remington, 257 Bob and 7mm Mauser. Those are SUPER popular rounds :rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.