Why can’t Weatherby make a faster twist rate 7 mm barrel

I believe I have one with JP Sauer barrel, one with Howa barrel and three with Krieger...and they all shoot better than great...

One can do some incredible work with the 140's-150's. I've used a 7 Mashburn Super a lot over the last 3 or so decades and the 150 NBT has done most of my work. That and the 120 TTSX. I've been able to take game up to and including elk to 700 yards with these weights so I feel you're pretty well set up with what you have.
Dogs has a good point. The Barnes 150 is a beast. You know how we get carried away and bored around the holidays.

Ya, I used the 150 TSX a fair bit as well as the 140 TSX and the 120 TTSX. Honestly, they all worked just fine.

My load with the 120 is with R22 and it rolls along between 3500-3600. Kind of like a big 22/250 on roids:)

That's awesome timing. I was seconds away from buying a new 300wby. Cause mine is from 1962 and will not shoot. Planning an Africa trip and was looking for "the" rifle. My 7 wby rocks and will do just fine. Thanks

That's awesome timing. I was seconds away from buying a new 300wby. Cause mine is from 1962 and will not shoot. Planning an Africa trip and was looking for "the" rifle. My 7 wby rocks and will do just fine. Thanks
Are you doing plains game? It will be perfect I think

Are you doing plains game? It will be perfect I think
That is the plan probably bring my 300 saum and seven Wby. My hunting buddies are telling me to bring a 3006 but I don't own one so I figured the saum would do the job

WHat is the host/PH recommending? What is the biggest annimal you are planning to get?

I have an older 7 wby mag that shoots awesome with 140, 145 and 150 gr bullets. Not so much with the heavier grain bullets. I feel if Weatherby change the twist rates on some of their barrels they would now be able to compete with some of the newer calibers being offered. If seven whether we had a better choice rate and could punch have your grain bullets out it would dominate and illuminate the need for 65 PRC 65 gap 65 anything. Don't get me wrong I love my 65 300 Wirelesss Weatherby is the cats meow.
Because they have to make a barrel that will work with all types of loads and they haven't caught up with the times.

Rebarrel it with a custom barrel and you are GTG

They do and can just order one up from their custom shop. They don't offer one generally because they would loose their arse on it because they wouldn't sell spit for the needed numbers.

Recent Posts