Who's got the best shooter's APP for an Iphone?

I wouldn't mind trying other apps, but at 20+$ a pop, I'll stick with Balistic AE. Applied Balistics wasn't available when I got mine.

Apps I have:
Shooter
Ballisticarc
BallisticAE
Applied Ballistics
Isnipe

What I use:
Shooter - to me is the easiest to set up loads, really like the HUD configuration, once trued it gives good firing solutions out to 1400 yards so far

Ballisticarc - just started using it but is really growing on me, like the gps map feature, can save range cards for my various shooting spots, automatically enters my shooting azimuth and I have the Bluetooth weather meter that automatically populates wind speed, direction and environmentals with the press of a button.doesnt have a HUD but the map with the ability to have multiple targets saved on it kinda eliminates the need for the HUD... Firing solutions match up with shooter

What I don't use:
Ballistic AE - always used to use it, gave good firing solutions, has some pretty good other functions like load comparison graphs, and a range card that you can measure groups with using you phone camera, good HUD set up, but found it more cumbersome setting up loads

Applied Ballistics - was glitchy from the start, have a buddy that uses it but it keeps giving really funky data that is way off for no reason... Didn't really like the HUD setup...

Isnipe - didn't really use it enough to have an opinion, not sure it does spin drift and coriolis like the others....

Whatever u pick (at least the 1st 4 I mentioned) should give you good firing solutions if you set it up properly.... Garbage in = Garbage out...
Don't expect to just download, enter your load and be able to make a first round hit on a 1500 yard 1/2 Moa target your first time out with it... Take the time to verify your dope at distance and true your velocity (some guys will mess around and true the BC instead) also check your turrets/scope tracking if you can't get things to true up (most good programs allow you to true your turrets too)

Good luck

Orch

I have tried most all of the apps mentioned above and settled on Shooter. It's very easy to use, fast, matches my G7 RF outputs exactly, and prefer the graphic presentation.

Is there any updates to shooter? Also what is the HUD function.

The HUD (heads up display, I guess they don't actually call it that.. I think it's called the "solution"screen) has a dial for distance, wind and wind direction that you can quickly scroll your inputs into and it gives you your firing solution...

Orch

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.