Shooter Ballistics app for iPhone

BryanLitz

<b>Official LRH Sponsor</b>
The developer of the 'Shooter' ballistics app has just released the iOS (apple) version of this awesome program. You can see details, screenshots, etc here:

Shooter (Ballistics Calculator) for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Here are some screenshots:
mzl.ydvuvagj.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.nlbexxhk.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.quhpbwvk.320x480-75.jpg

The iOS (apple) version of Shooter has all the same functionality as the android version including the same point mass ballistic solver and library of measured G7 BC's which makes it a highly accurate predictive tool.

The original (android) version of this program was actively developed with heavy input from users, and the resulting interface is very flexible and easy to use.

The Shooter app for android and iPhone is only $9.99.

Good shooting,
-Bryan

Looks to be a GREAT ballistic app with several big improvements over what was previously available!

One of the biggest deciding factors for me to purchase this new app is it's ability to give corrected outputs for corrected inputs. I own a few scopes that are not true .25 moa clicks as I'm sure many of you out there do as well. While my other software allows me to enter .29 moa for a certain scope that i own it would only correct the click output & not the full moa adjustment which is painfully slow to correct for. Lets say I need 17 moa for 700 yards with a true .25 adjustment, output would be 17 moa & 68 clicks. When I enter my true .29 click value my software would still tell me I need 17 moa (which is not correct for this scope) but it would give me a corrected click value of 59 so I would have to actually count my clicks rather than just dial in a set number. With this software it not only gives you the corrected number of clicks it also gives you the corrected number of moa to simply dial up for which is 14.6. So for me this is a valuable time saver which makes my adjustments so much faster, easier & more precise to make that is a huge deal when under a stressful situation or when that buck of a lifetime is about ready to disappear over that far ridge for good!

You can also enter your barrel twist rate along with the actual length of your bullet to get spot on spin drift adjustments or for it to be calculated into the equation on a windy day.

Another great feature is the ability to email your charts straight from your phone to your computer to print your ballistic chart or to share with a friend if you like.
I also enjoy the fact that it gives you velocity, energy & time of flight for a given range.

The online data backup is a handy feature since you never can tell when your going to loose your phone or its just going to up & quit on you! Not to mention the fact that you can actually use your computer to input your various rifle / load combinations via their online site then simply sync that to your phone which I haven't tried yet but it sounds awesome. I'm also kicking myself in the butt for not spending the extra money when I bought my Kestrel to get the bluetooth option but who would have known that somebody would make a phone based ballistic program capable of syncing directly up to your hand held weather station?

Now this program is brand new so I haven't had a whole lot of time to play with it yet or to put it to the test at the range but from these above benefits alone along with many more sophisticated inputs that this software has to offer I would have to say that 9.99 is a steal! The more I play with it & read about in the operation manual the more impressed I become & I wouldn't hesitate a bit to get a copy for yourself! From what I've learned great shooting can require great software! Thanks guys for making an awesome app for us novice shooters to further refine our long range marksmanship skills! Excellent job!!!!

Very nice program! Also take a look at "Ballistic FTE-Advanced Version". Similar capabilities. I've been using it for about a year with great success. It links GPS to automatically adds local atmospheric conditions, reloading data, range targets, built in cosine compensation that works off of GPS, spin drift, correolis effect etc. Also works full size on an I-Pad. The ballistics calculator algorithm matches G7 and BOW calculators exactly.

Ok...some help would be appreciated for this techno idiot. I am so far from techno it is not funny. I was going to buy a used PDA and put the Night Force Program on it.

Is there a certain type of Ipod that I need to get? Will look for a used one instead of a PDA maybe!? If this program works well...it appears to be a much cheaper way to get into this LR stuff.

For Shooter ya need iOS gen 3 or later. My ipod is gen 2 and shooter won't work on it.

The earlier iPods weren't multi-tasking capable, as I understand it.

I'll up grade iPods in a few weeks, or borrow my grandson's.:D

He's 12.....

If he's gonna go LR huntin' w/me he's gonna have to share his iPod.

I'm gonna teach him to me my spotter along with teaching him to make the shot.

It's gonna be fun!!!!

4th generation Ipod touch works great with "Shooter". Wife got me the Ipod for Christmas and I put shooter on it for $10. The 8gb IPod is all ya need. Oh yeah, get a case for it too (for protection).

I've got the shooter app on my iPhone, is there a tutorial anywhere that I can read to learn about some of the features of this app?

I have had Shooter on my android for years. I recently changed to an iPhone and purchased Shooter for it. I can't seem to find the preferences screen. Help

Go to Settings on your iPhone. Scroll down until you see Shooter in the list of apps. Select it and you will be able to set the preferences/default values from there.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.