Who makes warm boots?

I'll tag in here as I have gone through dozens of boots trying to find the magic ones.

For sitting extended periods.-Bunny Boots. Keep my feet warm even if they are wet. They are heavy though so not reasonable for all situations.

For water proof knee boots-Cabela's zoned comfort Trac 2000 gram. They have also been pretty good for extended sits and they form fit around the ankles so not awful to walk in. I also change socks when I get to where I am going and if it's an all day sit I change them mid day as well.

For hiking the only thing I've found that works is to change socks. My feet sweat when walking and I have not found a hiker that can keep my feet cool/dry when hiking and warm when sitting. I treat it no different than core layering when I'm not careful and get sweated up. I replace the wet layer. I always have 3 pairs of socks. One worn, one dry in my pack and 1 airing out. Always merino wool and a wicking liner sock.

Have had Cold Toes since Teens ... Warm Head and Hands helps, but nothing short of Heavy Trekking has dealt with Cold Feet ... Iffin You are doing Hiking .. give serious thought to Dbl. layer Wool Socks and -35 Rated Mukluks (the ones I have are Moosehide with Shealing Fleece Lining) ... particularly in Ankle Deep or Higher Snow ... that is what really gets me .. is if the exterior of my Boots is in the cold ... that sucks the generated heat away .. the flexibility of the soles of the Mukluks helps keeping the toes mobile as opposed to a Rigid Boot Sole
If sitting .. Remote Controlled ... heated insoles ... and turn them on when toes chilly, but not COLD .. just tiIl warmed, particularly before walking then turn off when comfortable and the increasing circulation will help .
For me this has worsened over the last 6 decades .. but as long as my feet don't get really Cold .. so recovery takes along time .. I'm a Happy Hunter .. (I no longer go out in the -40's or deep 30's)

Looking for a boot that will keep my feet warm at 30 dg F & lower. I'm OK with what I have down to about 35dg F. I can in-counter temps down to single digits. So what boot will handle these low temps?
Have a pair of Keens weatherproof, label says good to -25F never had a problem been out in colder than that, not sure if they make these anymore I have had then for years, they work well. Agree with other posts keep your head warm and core warm and your extremities have a better chance.

I bought a pair of cabelas brand pac boots this year...they have a felt liner..super warm and comfortable...$200...I like em

If you are setting still, Artic Shield boot blanks will change your life. The seem thin and don't look like they'd do anything, but they absolutely work!

Hiking or sitting? For hiking I use the salomon Toundra. It's a heck of dang good boot for winter predator hunting. For sitting I use sorel or whites and incorporate a heated insole. Mickey Mouse air barrier, mil issue, are great if you can find them. Many of the alaska bush people use them.

If you're in a blind or not moving much, the Sorel Caribou boots are great. When fishing in Alaska for 15 years (boat or some hiking), I used lighter, mid-height Sorels. With their rubber bottom half and treated leather uppers, they keep your feet dry. The mid-weight felt lining worked very well.
For hiking a lot hunting, I like Merrill's Thermo Rogue Tacticals

Last edited:
I just wear regular muck boots while walking.. once I get to the stand I put on a set of artic shield zip over booties over my boots an put 2 hot hands in with the booties. Works great

Looking for a boot that will keep my feet warm at 30 dg F & lower. I'm OK with what I have down to about 35dg F. I can in-counter temps down to single digits. So what boot will handle these low temps?
30 degrees? I work with some guys from Alaska and they wear shorts and flip-flops at 30 degrees!

I'm a diabetic and have had cold feet all my life. I wear boots with 200 or 600 gram thinsulate and adjust with my socks. For really cold weather (under 20 degrees) when walking I wear silk liners (ski socks) and wool socks over them inside 600 gram insulated boots; moisture wicks out quickly from the chimney effect. It takes quite a while for my feet to get cold when sitting with this setup. For higher temps lightweight wool socks in the lighter boots, in the early season silk only in an uninsulated boot.

I guess you could say I'm a sock guy...

If my feet are warm then I'm warm! Get those little heat packs that have a sticky back on them and place them at various body points. My kids used them in football and early track season. Place them where there is the highest blood flow and it will keep you toasty. Base of the neck, bottom of spine, just below the armpits and/or above the ankles works good or combination of.

If youre going to be moving, chippewa superloggers are great. If sitting, any decent sorell-type packboot should do