New Boots

Taylorbok

Looking for a new set of hunting/ hiking boots and looking for some input and interested how the Zamberlan and Crispi compare.
I can't really try them on since no one in my area sells either. I'll have to order and go from there.
Mainly be used in Fall/ early winter.

The ones that caught my eye so far are

ZAMBERLAN 1004 HUNTER EVO GTX

Crispi
Briksdal GTX
Guide GTX
Shimek GTX

Of the Crispi the Shimek GTX seem like what I'd want but not available until July which is fine.

I have these Zamberlan boots and suggested them to several people who have also bought them. Best boot for fit and ankle support I have ever had and the people I have suggested them to agree.

Screenshot_20230606_195003_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Looking for a new set of hunting/ hiking boots and looking for some input and interested how the Zamberlan and Crispi compare.
I can't really try them on since no one in my area sells either. I'll have to order and go from there.
Mainly be used in Fall/ early winter.

The ones that caught my eye so far are

ZAMBERLAN 1004 HUNTER EVO GTX

Crispi
Briksdal GTX
Guide GTX
Shimek GTX

Of the Crispi the Shimek GTX seem like what I'd want but not available until July which is fine.
I don't have experience with those but generally the high end boot makers all have an excellent tall mountain hunting boot option. I had a pair of Meindl perfekt hunters from cabelas I bought in '08 and got warrantied after I wore them out after about 10 years. I have the Meindl extremes now. Love them, cork footbeds are the best. I heard cabelas has discontinued though so I don't know if Meindl would replace worn out boots. I got pretty lucky. I can't speak highly enough about the cork but beyond that tough leather without low seams and rock protection if you're gonna be in rugged terrain are all gonna extend the life. My first pair didn't have the extra rubber around the sides and the leather was very durable.

I would suggest trying them on if at all possible. Boots are such a personal thing based off of the individuals feet.

I have the Crispi Nevada GTX and they have been a great boot the past couple of years. Before that I ran some Merrel hiking boots and man...what a difference a good boot makes. If you are considering insulated vs non, I went non and just carry a thicker pair of socks with me if the occasion calls for it.