Who is your favorite hunting influencer?

for entertainment and a great attitude I have always enjoyed Fred Eichler! The Full Draw Film Tour also tends to bring in great content from South Cox, Brian Call, Born and Raised Outdoors and others.
Other than that I have began to focus more on hosts and channels that really inspire or teach me. Justin Gibbons with Limitless Outdoors inspires me in many ways. Randy Newberg, Dwight Schuh, Corey Jacobsen, Cody Rich (the rich outdoors), Ryan Lampers, Robby Denning, and Verlyn Savage (local legend with Ochocos Outdoors) to name a few have been great teachers and provided a wealth of knowledge.

The fastest ways an "influencer" looses my support: Hunting practices I feel are un-ethical, selfish, or lazy. Constantly trying to sell something, Bad attitude, a hunting "style" that is unrelatable, fake, or sets a bad example.

I highly recommend you check out the podcast world if you haven't already tapped into this immense resource that doesn't require your "full and constant attention" to gain knowledge from.

"I" do not think (at least for now) that I have a person I personally consider an influencer in my hunting. I watch hunting adventures/shows such as MeatEater and Fresh Tracks, but they do not influence my hunting.

Define "influencer".

Impossible for 'me' to say without derailing this thread into an obituary 😐. I've not been 'influenced' by any radio/TV personality, though.

"Influencer" seems to be the new catch all term for anybody in the public sphere that uses their publicity for profit. Since anybody with a social media account can reach millions of people through non traditional means you have a lot more people in what used to be a very small group.

On the topic I would say Steven Rinella through Meateater would probably be the only one I consistently watch. I am starting to expand into podcasts and find some new people to listen too but other than Gunwerks and Backcountry Hunting I haven't found too many to listen to yet.

That being said I would say that to me those types of people would be more introducers than influencers, from them I typically learn about new things that I look further into rather than just taking their word at face value. For example from the Gunwerks Podcast I learned about Worldwide Trophy Adventure and after researching them I learned they offer a bison hunt that I had been interested in for several years. Did Gunwerks choice to use them influence my decision? No but it did introduce me to them.

My dad and his uncle ! When dad started working away more often then not his uncle took me every time we could both sneak away . My lord the game that man put on the ground . He absolutely lived to squirrel hunt he enjoyed big game hunting but he lived and breathed squirrels. He'd kill enough every year to ship the tails to mepps spinners and would get a pretty decent payday .
As far as numb nuts on tv Im honestly not " influenced " by the way they hunt but I do kinda like some of the cooking they do . Steve from meat eater does have some interesting ways of fixing game

Definitely my Grampa and my Dad. They didn't rely on an early youth duck season (that wasn't a thing) to let me shoot and learn the trade. they taught me to read wind, set dekes, shoot, find wounded game no matter the time and sweat. They taught me that the best hunting was the furthest from other hunters and I could drag a boat that far. They taught me that our sunrises and sunsets together are finite and they should be treasured especially now the ones I have with my kids. They taught me to take the time to think, plan my hunt, my stalk, my shot, and my recovery. I was very lucky to have such patient, knowledgeable mentors. Todays "influencers" are at best product reviewers for me.

I don't know much about today's "influencers". But one host/show that I watched every weekend when I was a kid was "Shooting USA" with Jim Scoutten. Not really hunting but that show really helped feed my thirst for firearms and the shooting sports.

Hi Folks, I recently put together this list of the best hunting influencers. It's currently a small list and I am looking to add more people to it. If you have an influencer or a blog you love, please leave a comment below and let me know. I would love to add them to the list!
Guy Eastman