Who has the best shooting rest for LR hunting

EE11466D-2C92-43A3-94AF-9AD8B4DFC4CA.jpeg

Stoney point tripod with rear rest is the best I have personally used . Combine this with your back against a solid rest and it's about as good as it gets if you can't lay flat ! The rear support is what really makes the difference!!

Straightsixes:

While you are entitled to your opinion, I find it hard to believe a tripod mounted rifle clamp system would outperform a bipod when shot prone. I want to hear more.

Is the rear of the rifle supported with an additional system such as a tac bag, backpack or another tripod? Or shot with just the tripod mounted system?

Read about the Arca system and some ball head tripods like the Leofroto.

Perhaps you can explain some details on setup and shooting methods?

Straightsixes:

While you are entitled to your opinion, I find it hard to believe a tripod mounted rifle clamp system would outperform a bipod when shot prone. I want to hear more.

Is the rear of the rifle supported with an additional system such as a tac bag, backpack or another tripod? Or shot with just the tripod mounted system?

Read about the Arca system and some ball head tripods like the Leofroto.

Perhaps you can explain some details on setup and shooting methods?

I have shot off every support imaginable, both in PRS and field matches. I haven't found anything as solid or as repeatable as the prone position. In my opinion A planted Bi-pod, and body mass squared up behind a rifle is going to be pretty hard to beat with any other form of satbilization that you can feesibly pack with you.

Y'all must be NFL/NBA athletes 'cause I could never pack that "rule violation #4" for miles in the places I hunt.

Y'all must be NFL/NBA athletes 'cause I could never pack that "rule violation #4" for miles in the places I hunt.
That tripod system I use is hardly over 3 lbs, and is double duty, use it for my spotter as well on the back country hunts, so I would have it anyway. However those 5 lb+ tripod systems are getting pretty hefty!! Every oz counts on pack-in hunts!!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.