Which scopes track accurately?

1.Bushnell elites both the DMR, ERS and LRHS track pretty dang good...and price point was good. (I own 6 of various models)
2. Night force ACTAR do excellent but cost is high too (I own 1)
3. S&B PM II..excellent with the 3 I have messed with and the one I have owned...expensive and heavy (I own 1)
4. Vortex AMG--the one I have messed with was very good--the Razor gen 1--not so good...
5. Huskemaw 5x20 the one I have owned spot on for 9 years--good scope. (I own one)
\6. Leupold LRP-- I own 2 have tracked good so far--had them for about 9 months so far no problems.

7. night force NXS...good tracking but glass pretty poor to my eye.

8. Sworvski Z5--sent 2 back, X5 had no problems--and really want a Z8i so bad I can stand it...

A LR shooting class I called about won't let Husk. scopes in their class, say they won't hold true to get through the course. I have a cheapo Weaver Kaspa Tactical on my rig right now and it performs well out to the 700 yards for the calibers capability of a clean harvest. Just my opinion. I got lots to learn and will be whatching this thread.

What School was this? interesting most let you come..and if doesn't hold up--then oh well it is your money and your equipment..sounds a little pre-school to me...I have shot in 4 different long range "schools" and none told me I could not bring what I had... not busting your chops, just wondering were they got all their "good info"...

What School was this? interesting most let you come..and if doesn't hold up--then oh well it is your money and your equipment..sounds a little pre-school to me...I have shot in 4 different long range "schools" and none told me I could not bring what I had... not busting your chops, just wondering were they got all their "good info"...
Defensive Edge...
Says he doesnt want them in his class.
Bring what ya want but you will end up renting one of his guns to keep up with the rest of the class.

Last edited:
I want(ed) a Huskemaw. Never had glass over $700. Never had a need for them till I got into stuff past 4-500 yards

Ok how about a little more information, what's your budget and what's the use? Just so you know on the vx6hd the turret only goes up two revolutions. I think it's 20 or 19 moa per revolution which will get you a ways out there, but you can't use all 75 moa in the scope once you turret is set and zeroed.

It was less looking for a specific scope for my needs and more general information about scopes/brands that people trust or don't trust for tracking accuracy and repeatability. For me, I am looking for something to hunt with under 600 yards and then something to learn to shoot out to and past 1000. Budget wise the Bushnell LRHS would be great but I'd also spend S&B PM II money if I thought it was worth the expense.

For now though, I'm really interested in learning more and thanks to everyone who has posted in this thread, there has been some great information.

A LR shooting class I called about won't let Husk. scopes in their class, say they won't hold true to get through the course. I have a cheapo Weaver Kaspa Tactical on my rig right now and it performs well out to the 700 yards for the calibers capability of a clean harvest. Just my opinion. I got lots to learn and will be whatching this thread.

I recall reading that one of the unsavory LR Shooting Schools were claiming a BS story about the Huskemaw because one of their competitors were using it.

The reality is any scope can track accurately, no matter what you buy you have to check that particular scope to see if it tracking as it should and returning to zero as it should,

I've had good luck with the Zeiss Conquest V4/V6 scopes
I did a 4moa box test on a couple of them and the fifth shot returned to the same zero hole so I have no complaints.

It could be Huskemaw refused to give them free scopes for their school?
Money is behind it one way or another!
I read that when I was looking at shooting schools.
Defensive Edge got dismissed the first round. Pay that much and sleep in tents?

Last edited:
I agree with Aoudad Shooter about Bushnell Elite series quality.
I have a Bushnell Elite XRS 3.5 - 21 x 50 (H59 reticle) on my Ruger Precision Rifle for competition and at my suggestion my buddy put the original ERS 4.5 - 30 x 50 on his RPR and loves it.
I'd say the newest Bushnell XRS 4.5 - 30 x 50, now with ED glass (only $200. more than the original), is an exceptional buy for a long range scope. Very few turrets are more consistently accurate than Bushnell Elite turrets and those are mostly in scopes in the stratosphere price range. Personally I avoid using my ERS turrets as much as possible because I have the H59 reticle that has precise mil marks for hold-over and hold-off.

Eric B.

Last edited:
I recall reading that one of the unsavory LR Shooting Schools were claiming a BS story about the Huskemaw because one of their competitors were using it.
They are made by LOW in Japan, and I doubt they are as bad as the claim. Even the "lower price point scopes from LOW, track very well. The price usually reflects lense quality more then mechanics when it comes to LOW.

I'm learning alot by fallowing along here. I appreciate all the knowledge.

Just edited because grammar is 'potent:cool: abbey an m ta the I:D

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.