Vortex Turrets Not Tracking Accurately

How do you do this? Guessing a 100' tape 3x? Am thinking it will take some effort and help to keep the measurement straight and accurate, I'd be concerned about allot of distortion induced inaccuracy form the tape bending could occur. Measuring 300 feet with a maximum of 1" accuracy is no easy feet. No pun intended.
People using long engineer tape is not a new concept. People have been measuring football fields buildings and shooting ranges without electronic device for a very long time. It's doable.

How do you do this? Guessing a 100' tape 3x? Am thinking it will take some effort and help to keep the measurement straight and accurate, I'd be concerned about allot of distortion induced inaccuracy form the tape bending could occur. Measuring 300 feet with a maximum of 1" accuracy is no easy feet. No pun intended.
Just use a long fiberglass construction tape. They have low to no stretch and come in 300 ft lengths.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/300-ft-Fiberglass-Open-Reel-Long-Tape-48-22-5303/308488557

Its very simple really. I would just use a 300 foot steel tape. No nylon ones for me. We do this kind of thing in construction when setting up and squaring a building. I hate nylon tapes the longer they are the more error you will have. Use a steel tape And its much better.
If you cant get less than a 1" @ 300 feet your doing something very wrong. we are not happy even with a 1/4 of a inch.

Or are you trying to say a tape is off 1" @300 Feet?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.