Which of your guns are really most important?

I would load up ready to help our military push the invaders back into the ocean or back across our borders. Get the wife and kids to a safe location and wait to be called into service. 1-SCAR 17S, 1-AR15, 1- 300WIN, 2-G20, 1-G19. I would love to bring a S&W 5" SS 44 mag also but don't know if I could justify the weight.

I think it's interesting how many people dismiss even the idea that war could be waged on American soil again. War is coming.

I would load up ready to help our military push the invaders back into the ocean or back across our borders. Get the wife and kids to a safe location and wait to be called into service. 1-SCAR 17S, 1-AR15, 1- 300WIN, 2-G20, 1-G19. I would love to bring a S&W 5" SS 44 mag also but don't know if I could justify the weight.

I think it's interesting how many people dismiss even the idea that war could be waged on American soil again. War is coming.
I sure hope you are wrong. I just want to retire and go to shoots and try to beat the kids. Getting harder every year.

Political conversations are frowned upon here. So we'll keep this as vague as possible. Bluejay. Can you divulge any info as to where "you" stand on the current situation? Does you " company" share the beliefs of the majority of members here? Or is that wishful thinking?
YOU meaning the nationwide entity.

A little late to the party, per game rules I will take 2000 rounds of 22 magnum. With my wife having a 9422 Winchester , and me my CZ and Kel-tec PMR 30, all 22 magnum firearms. Wife will carry 500 rounds the children will carry 250 rounds each and I carry 1000. Since this is a remote location I will also have a compound bow and arrows for silent hunting. Survival does not necessarily constitute having a firearm where you can hit some one at 1000 yards or more. If they are that far and have not seen me I will just squat down and let them pass by. Evasion is a good survival tool too. But if it is unavoidable the 22 magnum is a very potent round for hunting and defense and only weighs a hair more than a 22lr.

Last edited:
308 or 5.56. Chances are that if you eventually run out of ammo down the road or need to trade ammo for something you'll have a very common caliber.

Is this a secret ATF survey?
3A90B8E3-DD4C-4495-B552-464EBEECCE25.jpeg

I'm going AR-10 with 200 rounds of .308. I know 200 rounds of ammo is heavy. I would hate to think I didn't bring enough gun. To bad I don't have one of those NEMO arms 300 win mag. That would be ideal. I will pack all the kids clothes and they can carry ammo.🤣👍🇺🇸
I went on a goat drive and one bloke was carrying 200rnds of 30 06

This will be my first post so let's see how this goes. Since I don't live in bear country I am not worried about killing anything bigger than upright critters for self defense. Deer are abundant in my area but pale in comparison to rabbit and squirrels which we eat regularly. A 45 gr will be reserved for deer and "self defense". I'll take my Anschutz 1431/32 in .22 hornet. 750 loaded with 35 gr Hornaday ballistic tipped for rabbit and squirrel and 250 loaded with Sierra 45 gr soft points for smaller deer and defense. It is the lightest scoped rifle I have ever owned, or shot for that matter and it isn't lacking in the accuracy department and the ammo weighs nothing.

I know I'm breaking the rules but that's my favorite thing to do. I think I'm staying home. I have a large, defendable piece of property, water well, springs, and cows. Plenty of diesel fuel and fertilizer to mix up the good stuff and bury it on avenues of approach. I'll bring the family and in-laws over, maybe put up a couple campers.

My R8 in 300 Win (200 rounds), Ithaca 12ga deer slayer (200 rounds mixed slug buck and bird) broken down, HK91 (200 rounds), 1911 .45 (200 rds), AR 15 (200 rds)

both the r8 and Ithaca break down easly, along with the HK and AR. 45 on hip always.

Well, if one might have a room full of "anything"? 300 WM Lr, few 100 rds of Ammo. might find a mini 14 with a folding stock with some 30/40 "30 rd mags". Vest carrier. And maybe a few "Good" knifes! One a fighter, and one for camp! And just foe S-it & grends, maybe a XR-7 Henry serval rifle. 22lr along with a Rugar MK 1 pistol. And a Bible for the ones that did-not get away!🙏🙏☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.