Most Important Bipod Features

2buffalo is correct, my panning ATLAS competition bipod is VERY steady, and BTW I can adjust the the panning tension.

With my hiking poles configured as a bipod I have used it to shoot at the two targets I set about 10 ft. apart on a 100 yard range for that exact purpose. I had no problem with steadiness. Beats the heck out of not having a bipod.

I have run the Atlas, Harris, and Evolution designs and have had success with all of them. I have in recent years developed a personal preference for the Evolution Bipod for the bulk of my LRH. My criteria for a bipod are quite similar to those mentioned in the previous posts. I do not desire any panning, or forward/rearward play in the leg pivots.
I would note that about 50% of my LRH shots are taken from the prone position, the balance are upright, mostly sitting or kneeling usually due to terrain(grass, etc) Some of the reasons I like the Evolution.
-Trim, quiet, light weight, solid design. Fast/easy on/off the rifle, and fast to deploy from the upright position.
-Angled leg positions…Very useful/versatile for uneven support surface's/terrain.
-Very solid with firm/ no-play leg support, and a easy to use tilt control that can be firmly held in position.
-A major attribute are the lightweight 16" quick change leg extensions(to 24") that are very effective for solid support with my frequent sitting/kneeling shots. They fit nicely in my day pack, and can be deployed in short order.

For my Bipod use I prefer an Atlas CAL Tall which provides the following features & requirements:

Durability
Quick attachment lever mount
Easy Height adjustment
Easy Angled leg adjustment
Cant & Lock.
Wider stance
Solid build material & tolerances
Adjustments from shooting positions

I also utilize atlas 3" leg extensions
& configure the bipod as needed.

I Also prefer the Hawk Hill Talon feet
for field use.

The one feature I most want is positive extension control. I love Accu Tac bipods and the way you can extend each leg and they lock in at the same height and one press and the legs snap back to the short position.

Well... I guess height is of first importance to me, since I won't use it if it's too low or high.

I always run the up to 13" height bipods.

Second is the ability to can't the bipod. This negates the necessity for micro adjust legs. I ditched all my non-canting bipods after using one that cants.

I have one on the way that pans- this will be my first. I don't see it being as important as can't, at least for target shooting, but I might be proven wrong.

Everything else is a bit secondary for the most part. Obviously I won't use one if it's way too heavy, or something like that.
Let me know if you use the pan feature. Thanks man

What type of stocks are you guys using to attach to? Are they the newer arca or pictanny rail? Or like wood stock with the screws?