how important is it?

mnhntr

I finally got my new rifle and was goingt o mount the 20MOA Warne base when I read that the screws need to be torqued at 25in/lbs. Can i just put some blue loctite on it and screw it down tight or what until I can get a torque driver?

Even torquing is important for a number of reasons. Not exceeding the design specs for the screws is very important as they are very easy to sheer off. When you sheer them off it's going to make for a fairly aggravating and expensive trip to the gunsmith to drill and tap them out.

You can get away without using a torque wrench of you can just snug them each down evenly, but it's better to use a TW so you can indeed do so evenly.

As said above don't locktite the threads. Just lock the heads to the base with a tiny drop.

To do so correctly snug each of them down, the back off a half turn. Apply the locktite to the edge of the screw head and torque them down.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.