Most Important Bipod Features

Thank you guys for the feedback! I was kind of surprised about the Pan. Is there any particualar reason you guys do not like it or do not use it?
Aside from the recoil dilemma , I have had it happen where the bipod may get snagged on something or the know gets left loose and the bipod pans while I'm trying to tote the rifle through thick vegetation. A minor annoyance but fixing the bipod is just one extra step that I don't want to take when I'm setting up for a shot.

THREE IMPORTANT BIPOD FEATURES:
1.) weight
2.) stability
3.) adjustability

I get all three with Weisner's Quick stiX discs attached just below the handles of my adjustable hiking poles.
Made of engineering grade polymer (Delrin) they quickly mate and with a twist of the poles I have my solid bipod with adjustable legs. I'll be using these on my Nevada antelope in August.

Should I want a tripod I could buy an attachment to my hiking pole and a carbon fiber (CF) 3rd leg, available from Weisner.

How can I use hiking poles and carry my rifle? Simple, I use a KIFARU Gun Bearer "butt pocket" on my pack's belt and the system's quick release strap on my pack shoulder strap for easy hand-free carry and very fast use of my rifle.

These two clever inventions make it easy to hunt and shoot. So glad I have both.

Last edited:
Aside from the recoil dilemma , I have had it happen where the bipod may get snagged on something or the know gets left loose and the bipod pans while I'm trying to tote the rifle through thick vegetation. A minor annoyance but fixing the bipod is just one extra step that I don't want to take when I'm setting up for a shot.
Ya, I have had that too, where its just crooked and annoying to use.

Looking for some feedback on what you guys feel are the most important features for your bipods. If you could list features by importance to you that would be great. If you could also add how you use your bipod primarly it would help a lot.

Anything else that would be very useful to consider when choosing a bipod would be awesome!
  • Weight
  • Cant
  • Pan
  • Height adjustment
  • Preferred height range
  • Removable
  • Ease of removal
  • Transfer between rifles
  • Ease of deployment
  • Micro adjustment of the legs
It's dependent on what application you need it for.On my ELR shooting Prone I want Skiis on bottom.On PRS I like to have spike feet.
I'm a fan of ARC Rail attachment over the Picatinny because it's easier to slide up and down. THE ACCU TAC IS A GO I D CHOICE. Also I like the UTG Over B I re.It attaches to the Top or Bottom.
Looking for some feedback on what you guys feel are the most important features for your bipods. If you could list features by importance to you that would be great. If you could also add how you use your bipod primarly it would help a lot.

Anything else that would be very useful to consider when choosing a bipod would be awesome!
  • Weight
  • Cant
  • Pan
  • Height adjustment
  • Preferred height range
  • Removable
  • Ease of removal
  • Transfer between rifles
  • Ease of deployment
  • Micro adjustment of the legs

OP, are we taking PRS type competition here or hunting??

For PRS style comp I have an ATLAS bipod attached to my RUGER Precision Rifle and feel it is much better quality than a Harris bipod.

Last edited:
OP, are we taking PRS type competition are or hunting??
I would say both. Though for those of you who do PRS type things what other features do you prioritize vs a hunting bipod. Or features that you would not want on one type but on the other.

Thank you guys for the feedback! I was kind of surprised about the Pan. Is there any particualar reason you guys do not like it or do not use it?
I have panning and non-panning bipods. In general while hunting I prefer panning for animals on the move. Personal choice.

Quite often when coyote hunting. Around here they rarely stop moving when in the open and I have lost several opportunities throughout the years because I had to readjust my bipod rather than just pan. It had also been useful several times on big game. They don't always stand there and pose for you. If hunting in the flat lands with minimal trees I am sure it is less of an issue. I am sure that there are people out there that want a stopped broadside shot and aren't comfortable taking moving/running shots but I am comfortable with those shots in most situations.

In my opinion panning bipods are not needed and are less stable. If I want to pan I use a tripod, much better and mor stability. If you do not want much height and only want to use it for bench or prone there are quite a few good bipods available. If you want to be able to go from prone to sitting or kneeling I recommend the Modular Evolution carbon fiber bipod with interchangeable, and stackable CF legs. I have a number of friends equipped with them and they all like them. I think they are absolutely the best bipod for hunting bar none.