prcn

For whitetail
6.5 creedmoor
Ruger #1 cut to 16 inches and suppressed
400 yards max
95% of the time deer are less than 200
What weight hammer and powder?
Thanks

Like snox said, go light. White tails dont require weight. I use 75 gr HH in my 250 and 257 AI's and it gets full penetration and DRT bang flops. Those light bullets are plenty and bring the CM into the hunting world in style

But not as fast as the 97gr absolute.
I always tend to not recommend the absolute without know the Reloaders level of reloading. Because they are so far off the standard load data. They take some more trial and error for powder.
The way I looked at op post is here in Michigan a .243 with 85-95gr has killed a ton of deer. Now make that 85-100gr bullet a mono and push it over 3k you have a much better version of a .243. And for his distance the added bc of any other bullet won't help.
So if he is a veteran Reloader the 97gr absolute gets my vote as I've taken some nice animals with it out of my grendel

But not as fast as the 97gr absolute.
I always tend to not recommend the absolute without know the Reloaders level of reloading. Because they are so far off the standard load data. They take some more trial and error for powder.
The way I looked at op post is here in Michigan a .243 with 85-95gr has killed a ton of deer. Now make that 85-100gr bullet a mono and push it over 3k you have a much better version of a .243. And for his distance the added bc of any other bullet won't help.
So if he is a veteran Reloader the 97gr absolute gets my vote as I've taken some nice animals with it out of my grendel
Forgot about that one agree

Only reason I knew was because as soon as Steve released it I grabbed them for my grendel. Thinking that the faster the better for thermal hog hunting. Hard to judge distance so insight in max point blank with my Lieca 2-10 and my thermal. Swap back and forth been a great combo and may also use that bullet in a friends creed.

The 85 HH shoots cloverleafs over 45.0 grains of Varget (3495 fps). Apps show it carries 996 ft pounds at 400, so your hunting ranges are well within the bullets capability.

I'm wondering how fast they will be from that short barrel? Should be a factory 1-8 twist.
St

Reloading skill is moderate. I've been doing it a few years but not a lot by most standards

I'm wondering how fast they will be from that short barrel? Should be a factory 1-8 twist.
St
QL says 3148 fps with max load of Varget. I did not factor the short barrel into the energy calculations. Energy at 400 per AB drops to 768.

Attachments

• 6.5 Creed 85 HH Varget 16 inch.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 99
I shoot the 124 gr HH over Varget

Attachments

• 124 gr Hammer.JPG
    124 gr Hammer.JPG
    384.5 KB · Views: 93