Which 7mm Hammer?

For what it's worth, we have several times shown that Absolutes show no appreciable gain over regular Hammers once you approach - and certainly when you exceed 100 grs powder capacity.
In my 7 RUM I get almost 3700 with 131 Hammer Hunters. Haven't shot the 143s. 131s shoot too well and Kill. My load is 103 ish grains of 570.
Do you have shoulder left? I do like the velocity out of your 131 Hammer Hunter. That open my eyes. What's your twist rate, and barrel length if you don't mind telling me.

Do you have shoulder left? I do like the velocity out of your 131 Hammer Hunter. That open my eyes. What's your twist rate, and barrel length if you don't mind telling me.
Barrel length is 27", it has a Vais muzzle break which is very effective. Twist is 1:9 I believe. Can't see your hits at 300 - too much movement - but when you put your scope back on him, he's in a pile!

Barrel length is 27", it has a Vais muzzle break which is very effective. Twist is 1:9 I believe. Can't see your hits at 300 - too much movement - but when you put your scope back on him, he's in a pile!
Prime? Very interesting, and I like the bullet weight with the velocity. Quick to the target, and I never been big on heavy bullets. At the same time I haven't shot at 1000 yards either. THANKS

I'm using the 177 HH in my 28 Nosler with 26" Proof barrell at 3200 (RL 33)
At 100 yds I get one ragged hole with five shots and it's always dead center on the 600 yd gong.
My son shot an antelope with it this fall at 680 yds DRT.
I'm loving that combo in my rig.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.