Which hammer should I try?

Hi folks! I would like to give the hammers a try. I mainly hunt small central TX deer, shoot pigs when they show up too. One of the rifles I hunt with a lot is a 25-06 sendero with a 10 twist 26" barrel. I usually shoot the superformance factory 117 sst.

With all of the bullet choices I'm not sure what to pick: hunter, absolute, or shock. I usually only shoot deer to 400 yards. I would choose a body shot over 200. I was thinking of the 90grn absolute. I have some other 25s including 06s if they don't work but they are shorter barrels. The site shows it will work with a 10 twist but is it marginal?

With regular bullets I try to go with the heaviest that will shoot well, but still like to be 3000fps or more. I've seen discussions about going really light and screaming velocities.

What are some

I like the 90 gr absolutes I worked a load up using h4350 and was really surprised with the velocity out of my 25-284 then tried rl19 and I'm at 3848 fps no pressure and great accuracy rl19 isn't as tempt stable but seems a lot easier too work with velocity and accuracy wise 62 hrs rl19 will be my Texas whitetail load this year with the 90 gr absolute check the absolute hammer bullets reloading data out on this forum

I like the 90 gr absolutes I worked a load up using h4350 and was really surprised with the velocity out of my 25-284 then tried rl19 and I'm at 3848 fps no pressure and great accuracy rl19 isn't as tempt stable but seems a lot easier too work with velocity and accuracy wise 62 hrs rl19 will be my Texas whitetail load this year with the 90 gr absolute check the absolute hammer bullets reloading data out on this forum
Just be cautious and test with a heating pad, RL19 is great stuff but is very temperamental to temp change

Last edited: