Which hammer bullets????

So after reading the 270 bullet poll and participating in some conversations I've decided I'm gonna try some hammers in a few guns . So my question to those more knowledgeable than me about the subject , here's my question . I'm wanting to try them from my 7 mm stw and my 7 mm08 so which bullet . I know you go light and super fast . Neither of these guns are for target shooting but occasionally I'll shoot them for groups . They are mostly hunting rigs. Also where do I get load data for said bullets and chamberings. Would I be good to use the same bullet in each gun ? Man that would be smoking out of the stw
I really like and have had great results with the hammers out of my 6.5 prc. With my 270 wsm 117 gr hammer hunters shoot very well out of a 1:10 carbon barrel. Am having to rebarreled with a bartlin carbon 1:8 that should stabilize the
So after reading the 270 bullet poll and participating in some conversations I've decided I'm gonna try some hammers in a few guns . So my question to those more knowledgeable than me about the subject , here's my question . I'm wanting to try them from my 7 mm stw and my 7 mm08 so which bullet . I know you go light and super fast . Neither of these guns are for target shooting but occasionally I'll shoot them for groups . They are mostly hunting rigs. Also where do I get load data for said bullets and chamberings. Would I be good to use the same bullet in each gun ? Man that would be smoking out of the
So after reading the 270 bullet poll and participating in some conversations I've decided I'm gonna try some hammers in a few guns . So my question to those more knowledgeable than me about the subject , here's my question . I'm wanting to try them from my 7 mm stw and my 7 mm08 so which bullet . I know you go light and super fast . Neither of these guns are for target shooting but occasionally I'll shoot them for groups . They are mostly hunting rigs. Also where do I get load data for said bullets and chamberings. Would I be good to use the same bullet in each gun ? Man that would be smoking out of the stw
I have had incredible results with Hammers out of my 6.5 prc. Also good luck with the 117 gr hammer hunters in a 270wsm with a 1:10 carbon barrel. Am having this gun rebarreled with a 1:8 bartlin carbon so maybe I can better stabilize the 124-140gr hunters. Steve with Hammer is a walking encyclopedia on different loads/different calibers and seems to always want to take the time to help.

Which powder were you using with your 280 Ackley? Thanks
I used RL17, I think most use H100V though. I will reiterate what GLTaylor said, look up the Absolute Hammer Load thread. Second message down should have a spreadsheet with tons of load data. It's a great thread!

If they are the standard 1:9" twist for the 7STW, I would go 143 Hammer Hunter or 140 Absolute Hammer (min 1:9.25") and scream them out.
For the 7-08, depends on twist rate, as different manufacturers had different standard twists. the 140 Absolute Hammer if at least a 1:9.25", or the 131 Hammer Hunter up to 1:10".
I have really good results with H4350 and H4831, I'm going to try the RL16 next just to see..
Thanks. I'm using 140 Accubonds and am planning on ordering Hammers in the near future. The above two powders worked well along with 7828 ssc, RL19, and H4831sc. RL22 was on deck. Let me know how the 16 produces. Thanks again

I used RL17, I think most use H100V though. I will reiterate what GLTaylor said, look up the Absolute Hammer Load thread. Second message down should have a spreadsheet with tons of load data. It's a great thread!
Thanks. I have looked and studied that chart and aquired H100V after reading chart. Thanks again

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.