Which hammer bullet to chose for 18in 308?

Agree.
Every rifle is different but my factory R700 5R 20" 308 shoots the 150 power hammers very well and very fast. The target says 152 Hammer Hunter but it has been replaced with the 150 power hunter but has the same profile with a large opening in the hollow point.View attachment 435129View attachment 435131
Wow, that's faster than my 20" WSM will shoot Normas factory 150 BT ammo.

That is straight from my Labradar.

To be fair, this rifle has a cavernous amount of freebore. These bullets have to be +/- 3.00" COAL to touch the lands and I'm mag limited to
2.950".

These magical FPS came up in a discussion many years ago with someone using the Labradar.

The suggestion then and now is to send it back and get one that is calibrated.

I have a 24 inch 10 twist and in a mess up on a Dillon 600 managed to over load using CFE and 150 gr. pills. My first shot was just over 3000 fps and I popped the primer and ruined the case. Thinking it was a fluke, second shot was just over 3000 again and another damaged case. I went home and pulled them all. I weighted one and it was something over 51 grains. Like 2 grains over the listed max load

These magical FPS came up in a discussion many years ago with someone using the Labradar.

The suggestion then and now is to send it back and get one that is calibrated.

I have a 24 inch 10 twist and in a mess up on a Dillon 600 managed to over load using CFE and 150 gr. pills. My first shot was just over 3000 fps and I popped the primer and ruined the case. Thinking it was a fluke, second shot was just over 3000 again and another damaged case. I went home and pulled them all. I weighted one and it was something over 51 grains. Like 2 grains over the listed max load
I have verified with drops to 500. The LR I have doesn't need to be recalibrated.

There are too many variables between chambers, barrels and components used to say that just because it didn't work in your barrel it doesn't work in mine.