Which cartridges work best with the below powders

I'm curious....why so many brands and types of powders if you don't know what they are for? Inheritance or hoarder? If you aren't part of the solution...then you are part of the problem!
You are missing the point. I have been reloading for 40 yrs and know how to read. That said, I can look at the manuals and online to find what cartridge CAN be used with each powder. But my question is to expedite that process and find which cartridge / bullet weight works BEST for that particular powder.
WRT hoardings… It is my money and if I am willing to pay for it and the buyer agrees …it is no concern to you. I have often given away primers, bullets, dies, traveled to swap items, and sold components at very reasonable prices. I would not be able to this if I didn't "dollar cost average" my purchases of those components.
If you are not contributing meaningful info to my question, kindly refrain from commenting.

I match bullet to twist of barrel then powder to cartridge and then to the speed in which the app says it's most accurate.
Yes, I pay particular attention to bullets and twist for a cartridge, but trying to search out those particular cartridges that seem to work well with these powders. Several years ago I tried Leverevolution in my .308 based off a fellow who recommended it. It is now my go too powder for heavier bullets. I wouldnt know about it if I didnt ask for a recommended replacement for 4064 and 4895

Yup. Been load developing 243AI and it's really showing me burn rates. RL17 and H100V are within 1/2 grain of each other in that cartridge. My XMR 4350 made in Serbia I think, is the slowest of the 4350s and I'm coming to 1.5 grain under H100V.

Then weirdness starts with 105-115 bullets and some of the slowest powders like N570, Retumbo, etc work better with compression fills…fun challenging hobby! 🤣
Agree…just got my .243 AI back from LRI. looking forward to testing it out. Maybe with H100V

You are missing the point. I have been reloading for 40 yrs and know how to read. That said, I can look at the manuals and online to find what cartridge CAN be used with each powder. But my question is to expedite that process and find which cartridge / bullet weight works BEST for that particular powder.
WRT hoardings… It is my money and if I am willing to pay for it and the buyer agrees …it is no concern to you. I have often given away primers, bullets, dies, traveled to swap items, and sold components at very reasonable prices. I would not be able to this if I didn't "dollar cost average" my purchases of those components.
If you are not contributing meaningful info to my question, kindly refrain from commenting.
Yes Sir...right away Sir....! Good to know it's not hoarding...just laziness! I've been loading for 50 years and KNOW WHAT EVERY POWDER I BUY IS FOR!

Last edited:
Yes Sir...right away Sir....! Good to know it's not hoarding...just laziness! I've been loading for 50 years and KNOW WHAT EVERY POWDER I BUY IS FOR!
So, just by reading a manual, you are able to determine what the best powder was for all of your cartridges The first time and every time? let us in on the secret.

I have an 8lb jug of H322 for 6.8 SPC and light Grendel bullets. It actually works well for light bullets in several calibers.
I kept reading that people liked it for heavies in .223 so I decided to try it. It's magic. Not the fastest but very accurate at around 22-23 gr for 69 and 77s

Well if you been reloading for 40 yrs, you should have some feeling on what to use. Mostly I stay alway from double based powders do to how it reacts to temperature changes. Other than that it's wide open as to what you want to uses. I generally look at what I am going to use the rifle for, If hunting what type of animals I am hunting. That determine the bullet weight, and then what velocity I want to acheive if possible. It's barrel lengths come into play. So grabbing a powder out of the air I don't really feel that works. I see all the time here on this powder or this other powder is great. Most I wouldn't agree with. I do watch what somebody comes up with. Record it and save it for a rainy day,.

There are some powders that work well across multiple cartridges and bullet weights. Varget w/ a 123gr in a 6.5 CM or a 168 gr .308. 147 gr 6.5 CM w/ H4350 (in most Creedmoor cartridges too) H1000 in 300 WM or 7 RM. RL26 in everything :)
I have the below powders a would like to ask which cartridge and bullet weights work best.

IMT 8208XBR
BENCHMARK
HV100 HYBRID
H322
Accurate 2495
TAC

Thanks
I have used Benchmark for many years. It's the most accurate powder I've found for 45-55 grain bullets.

There are some powders that work well across multiple cartridges and bullet weights. Varget w/ a 123gr in a 6.5 CM or a 168 gr .308. 147 gr 6.5 CM w/ H4350 (in most Creedmoor cartridges too) H1000 in 300 WM or 7 RM. RL26 in everything :)
I have the below powders a would like to ask which cartridge and bullet weights work best.

IMT 8208XBR
BENCHMARK
HV100 HYBRID
H322
Accurate 2495
TAC

Thanks
When I was younger buying a keg meant beer, today buying a keg means 8# of 8208 XBR- little bitty groups in my 204 Ruger - 40 grain Hornady VMAX- 26.8 grains I have achieved sub 1/4 inch groups with this load, we also load 22-250 and 243 win with lighter bullets ahead of 8208 XBR. H322 is what I used years ago in my 222 Rem.