Which cartridges work best with the below powders

Justice1327

There are some powders that work well across multiple cartridges and bullet weights. Varget w/ a 123gr in a 6.5 CM or a 168 gr .308. 147 gr 6.5 CM w/ H4350 (in most Creedmoor cartridges too) H1000 in 300 WM or 7 RM. RL26 in everything :)
I have the below powders a would like to ask which cartridge and bullet weights work best.

IMT 8208XBR
BENCHMARK
HV100 HYBRID
H322
Accurate 2495
TAC

Thanks

Last edited:
Haha, indeed.

They are all quicker powders, so they'll work in a bunch of 'efficient' cases with light for caliber bullets - from .223rem to 35 Whelen.

If the OP listed bullets they had available, that could shorten up the list some, but without further qualification, yes it's a very long list!

IMR 8208 XBR is my go to for 204 Ruger and 22-250AI. I'm shooting 31 hammer hunters and 35 Berger FB varmint in 204 Ruger and 35 hammer hunters in 22-250AI.
Yes, I got XBR for my 20 Practical bolt gun. If I don't sell it, I'll probably end up using it.

Haha, indeed.

They are all quicker powders, so they'll work in a bunch of 'efficient' cases with light for caliber bullets - from .223rem to 35 Whelen.

If the OP listed bullets they had available, that could shorten up the list some, but without further qualification, yes it's a very long list!
That's why I asked which cartridge and bullet weights would work best. I have plenty of bullet weights for any cartridge I have.

There is published load data for every single one of those powders. Lookup the cartridge, it will list all the powders and then list the powder(s) that produce the highest, or close to highest velocity in each bullet weight. Pretty easy to pick out the best powder and bullet weight for any cartridge that those powders work for, and that is indeed a very long list of cartridges to choose from.

There is published load data for every single one of those powders. Lookup the cartridge, it will list all the powders and then list the powder(s) that produce the highest, or close to highest velocity in each bullet weight. Pretty easy to pick out the best powder and bullet weight for any cartridge that those powders work for, and that is indeed a very long list of cartridges to choose from.
Understand about publish load data. However, they intentionally cover lots of different cartridges so more people will buy the powder thinking it will work great, in their cartridge. I'm not saying they won't work great but certain powders are essentially a perfect marriage between a particular cartridge and bullet weight.