Which group would you work with?

unclecroc

These are both 5 shot groups at 100 yards on a calm evening. I'm just looking to get a very accurate load for varminting and some mild competition. I'd be happy with 3/8 5 shot groups and reasonable extreme spreads and standard deviations.
Of these two what stands out to you as being worth the components and efforts? I've never actually fine tuned a load in before just threw different combos at something until I came close enough so I am looking to learn more about the finer side of handloading for accuracy.
Thanks for any input.
30A592B7-A0E3-4090-BC14-DCCF8F0ED1D7.jpeg
39D7B7BD-8084-42A5-8CAA-C0DF2C2667B9.jpeg

I'd run a seating depth test on the Exterminator load and see if the horizontal comes in first. If no luck there I would do the same on the H322 load. I would do both of these tests at 200-300 yards if possible. Then I would do another powder workup looking for pressure using the best seating depth I found.

I'd run a seating depth test on the Exterminator load and see if the horizontal comes in first. If no luck there I would do the same on the H322 load. I would do both of these tests at 200-300 yards if possible. Then I would do another powder workup looking for pressure using the best seating depth I found.
I was thinking along those lines about trying some seating changes with them. They're seated .02 off the lands currently.

I would go back 20,40, 60, 80 100 and 120 thousandths. You already have the 20 data, so 5 more groups, see which range looks more promising, go +5/-5 from there and see which direction it's leading you, if not definitive go +10/-10 and one direction should stand out. I go right to the long end of the window of length that shoots good, then I can shoot for a while without worry that throat erosion will take me out of the window that shots good. Throat erosion will only move me more into the middle of that window. With a 222 you might be able to run the life of the barrel without ever making an adjustment from there.....

I would go back 20,40, 60, 80 100 and 120 thousandths. You already have the 20 data, so 5 more groups, see which range looks more promising, go +5/-5 from there and see which direction it's leading you, if not definitive go +10/-10 and one direction should stand out. I go right to the long end of the window of length that shoots good, then I can shoot for a while without worry that throat erosion will take me out of the window that shots good. Throat erosion will only move me more into the middle of that window. With a 222 you might be able to run the life of the barrel without ever making an adjustment from there.....
Thank you I'll do just that and I'll update with the results. I imagine it will be a long time before I burn the throat out if my rifle

These are both 5 shot groups at 100 yards on a calm evening. I'm just looking to get a very accurate load for varminting and some mild competition. I'd be happy with 3/8 5 shot groups and reasonable extreme spreads and standard deviations.
Of these two what stands out to you as being worth the components and efforts? I've never actually fine tuned a load in before just threw different combos at something until I came close enough so I am looking to learn more about the finer side of handloading for accuracy.
Thanks for any input.
View attachment 389717View attachment 389718
Go with the ES 24 target. Vertical stringing is usually "the load", Horizontal stringing is usually "the nut behind the bolt".