would you be happy with these groups

okie man

just got back into shooting and reloading my rifles after several years of only hunting with a bow. my son ,15years old, has shown some interest in the shooting sports so I loaded up some old favorites. guns are a cz 527 American in 223 and a weatherby vanguard in 257 weatherby. either rifle has been to a gunsmith and are straight out of the box stock. both wear scopes costing under $200. I'm thinking they are both keepers!

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 107
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 108
Um, yes.

I'd keep both.

The Wby .257wby is a laser and adds to the list of arms from this manufacturer and in this caliber that were a success out of the box.

The CZ might use a little more development but the horizontal spread of the 4198 load is you or the wind so that load is close if not good.

The Varget load is no where near as close.

I shot a 3 shot group with 26.5 gr of h4895 and the 50 gr vmax the other day that was right at a inch at 200 yards. wind was blowing pretty good from all angles so I won't call it official until I can do it more than once in calm conditions. gun is on it's 5th 500 count box of bullets also I think it's about broken in!

Problem now is finding the components to load the old reliables! You can't just walk into the local shop and grab 2 pounds of this powder and 500 of them bullets and go load up a stock of ammo! I've been scrounging up all the brass I can from my friends that don't load!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.