Which annealer?

In the end, it is up to you how much you want to spend and how much you reload. Are you into PRS or benchrest, are you shooting thousands of rounds a year or are you just shooting enough to get proficient and tweaking your hunting loads? An AMP is very nice, but at the price point, if you are not shooting thousands of rounds a year, does it justify the cost? I purchased an annealer, propane operated, does what I need it to do, cost less than 300.00 and have not had to anneal in two years since I don't shoot thousands a year. So, since you used to Salt Bath anneal and thinking of moving differently, you have to decide how often it is used and how much you want to spend. People on here love to spend other people's money, 😁.

In the end, it is up to you how much you want to spend and how much you reload. Are you into PRS or benchrest, are you shooting thousands of rounds a year or are you just shooting enough to get proficient and tweaking your hunting loads? An AMP is very nice, but at the price point, if you are not shooting thousands of rounds a year, does it justify the cost? I purchased an annealer, propane operated, does what I need it to do, cost less than 300.00 and have not had to anneal in two years since I don't shoot thousands a year. So, since you used to Salt Bath anneal and thinking of moving differently, you have to decide how often it is used and how much you want to spend. People on here love to spend other people's money, 😁.
So this is basically my thought process. I guess I've seen enough on here to know the AMP and Giruad are high end and loved. I don't shoot prs or nrl and only shoot probably a grand total of 1,500 ish rounds per year most of which is 5.56. I do anneal all my brass on each firing though for consistency. So far I'm thinking the sub $300 range is probably appropriate. Even if it takes a little longer. Not like I'm burning 300 rounds every other week shooting PRS.

The ugly Annealer works great easy to do multiple cartridges from .223 to 50 cal and dial each one in and repeat the process whenever you need to

So this is basically my thought process. I guess I've seen enough on here to know the AMP and Giruad are high end and loved. I don't shoot prs or nrl and only shoot probably a grand total of 1,500 ish rounds per year most of which is 5.56. I do anneal all my brass on each firing though for consistency. So far I'm thinking the sub $300 range is probably appropriate. Even if it takes a little longer. Not like I'm burning 300 rounds every other week shooting PRS.
Enjoy the process of looking, I purchased this one Annealeez. It does what I want and doesn't give me any problems. This is just one of many.

For about 50 bucks more the Burstfire is more refined comes with a torch head and hose. Its hands free plus it comes with the prepcenter.

Been very happy with it.

Burstfire Grey.jpg

Could always make your own induction annealer. If I didn't have an AMP I would do it, I might still just for the fun of making something:

I have a unispotter I used for bodywork. I don't do much bodywork anymore. I have thought about converting it to a annealer. And if I need a unispotter I can borrow.y cousins.