Which annealer?

Elkeater

Ok. I've been salt bath annealing for several years. I've had good luck with it. But my melting pot just died today. So I think I'm gonna take the opportunity to look at other annealing options.

So what's everyone using and what's the best bang for the buck when it comes to annealing machines and such?

Ok. I've been salt bath annealing for several years. I've had good luck with it. But my melting pot just died today. So I think I'm gonna take the opportunity to look at other annealing options.

So what's everyone using and what's the best bang for the buck when it comes to annealing machines and such?
Buy Once - Cry Once
AMP
Consistent-set it for a specific case and it will anneal the same on each case.
One of the best investments we made for reloading components.

The Burstfire is hands free and what I use, it works for me. Under $300 and it has a 4 station prep center. I use a 5 gallon tank and regulator. Templeq to start til I get my reference temp with a welding heat gun to spot check if need to.

Amazon product ASIN B0B546X62Z
I am absolutely sure the $2000 + for the hands free version of the AMP is $ well spent for some folks, & if I had it to spare I might have gotten it. Reardless I have been very happy with my decision.

For the cost. $238.00 This machine has worked nicely. And built well. I do believe there are youtube videos showing you how to build this at half the cost. https://www.epintegrations.com/forum/ep-2-0-annealer-annealing

Last edited:
The buy once and cry once is something I am trying to follow in many things in the hunting, shooting, and reloading passion. However, I need to assess the value I will personally realize given the volume I plan to reload. If I competed or shot thousands of rounds per year, I would invest in an AMP. The other options listed above are more cumbersome and less efficient, but will work for me.

The buy once and cry once is something I am trying to follow in many things in the hunting, shooting, and reloading passion. However, I need to assess the value I will personally realize given the volume I plan to reload. If I competed or shot thousands of rounds per year, I would invest in an AMP. The other options listed above are more cumbersome and less efficient, but will work for me.
I really like the simplicity of the EP. And should something quit working it should be a easy cheap fix.