Which annealer?

IMG_0428.jpeg

And how much does that setup set someone back ? Are the returns really worth it ?
It is around $2K for the AMP II and Mate.
I can manually do a few hundred cases while watching a show on the tv - no problem.
If I hit the lotto I would buck up another $450 for a mate or if I was annealing a 1K cases a week. Right now I am fine with manually annealing with an AMP II.

I am on the back order for a Quick Anneal. Mid February.

There is a few people running them over on Snipers Hide. Gives me some time to see if there is any problems with them.

Waiting for Shot Show. Seems like the time is right for someone to Garmin the annealing market.

Buy Once - Cry Once
AMP
Consistent-set it for a specific case and it will anneal the same on each case.
One of the best investments we made for reloading components.
This. I've annealed using other methods and AMP is by and far the best. My SD went down and seating depth consistency improved dramatically.

It's expensive but definitely worth it.

Sometime back I think it was on Snipers Hide a couple of fellows assembled parts for an annealing apparatus. It had a liquid cooling system, timer etc.
Anyone on here attempt something like that?

Ok. I've been salt bath annealing for several years. I've had good luck with it. But my melting pot just died today. So I think I'm gonna take the opportunity to look at other annealing options.

So what's everyone using and what's the best bang for the buck when it comes to annealing machines and such?
AMP

AMP is great, but I don't feel that I shoot enough currently to justify the Return On Investment.
I consider electronics (tv, computer, phone, thermal scope, AMP, etc) to be consumables. They have a life span and it may be time based rather than number of uses. That factors in my ROI. Time spent annealing, absolute precision, mass production, were not factors for me.

Salt Bath was out for me. Looked to much like a torture method from Game of Thrones. Don't consider myself clumsy but it only takes one little mistake.

EP is working for me in my situation.

I bought a homemade induction annealer of another guy. It works pretty slick, and I could put together a decent rifle with glass for the cost savings vs an Amp.

It does get hot, about a 50 case limit before it needs to cool off with no external cooling.
17025621119447558319790848818250.jpg