Ugly Annealer

IAshooter

I've been on the fence about getting an annealer for quite a while, mainly due to a buddy that has an AMP annealer and I've been able to get some annealing done when I needed/wanted to in the past w/o too much trouble and/or cost. I've come close to getting a used Annealeez a couple times, but just never pulled the trigger on one. I came across a review on the Ugly Annealer not long ago and started doing a little Googling on it and watched some videos, etc and decided I had to have one.

I ordered one from Amazon, and 2 days later, I was unboxing it here at home. I haven't actually annealed any brass yet, (I have to get the right propane bottle) but I plan on doing some later today, but I have to say, for $300 I am VERY impressed with this annealer so far. It's built like a tank compared to the Annealez IMO and comes with everything needed to do just about any/all brass from 223 to 50 BMG w/o having to buy any separate wheels, etc. The construction is VERY good and it was easy to put together and the adjustments you need to do for different brass is very easy to do. I should be able to anneal 500+ pcs of brass per hour when I get going with it.

I'll update y'all after I've annealed a few hundred cases, but I thought if there's other guys on the fence about getting an annealer, this one looks like the best one I've seen so far as far as getting the best bang for your buck and I thought some of you may agree.

Simply Google "Ugly Annealer" and you can find links to the main site of the company as well as a link to Amazon and several videos showing it's set up and use and reviews.

Yes, I know the AMP annealer is the cat's *** as they say, my buddy has annealed some brass for me on his, but I just can't justify that kind of expense for the amount of brass I want/need annealed.

if you do alot of shooting then you could afford it, naturally. Some do a slower method like me. I only load for my two deer rifles. The M1 only hits a steel torso plate.

I just checked it out and my first thought was why own something foreign when there are several US made annealing machines right here at home?

I just checked it out and my first thought was why own something foreign when there are several US made annealing machines right here at home?
I considered that as well, and try to buy American made as often as possible, but I don't get overly wrapped up in the "Made in the USA" argument if I see an obvious better value and better quality design. Each to their own though.

This appears to be a chinese ripoff. Read post #10. At this link: The Ugly Annealer
That's my post over there. Possibly a design rip off out of Australia, not China. Yes, a lot of these units are outsourced with parts from China, but still a lot made in Australia for the Australia and new Zealand market from what I have found while researching these. Regardless, I simply wanted to let people here know about this option and let them decide for themselves and let people know I personally am so far very impressed with it. We live in a global economy and I am all for a free and fair global market, what "free and fair" means to some I'm sure will be totally different to what others believe and I'm not going to judge one way or another. Each to their own and live and let live I say. Peace out.

That's my post over there. Possibly a design rip off out of Australia, not China. Yes, a lot of these units are outsourced with parts from China, but still a lot made in Australia for the Australia and new Zealand market from what I have found while researching these. Regardless, I simply wanted to let people here know about this option and let them decide for themselves and let people know I personally am so far very impressed with it. We live in a global economy and I am all for a free and fair global market, what "free and fair" means to some I'm sure will be totally different to what others believe and I'm not going to judge one way or another. Each to their own and live and let live I say. Peace out.
I've been looking into these and an very impressed with the Ugly Annealer. I think is is a vast improvement over the Annealeez design for a better price point as you get all the inserts.

I worry only about the quality of the speed controller. That determines how consistently the heat is applied. There are other things like the case release that would be good to see.

Just a quick update now that I've annealed thousands of cases with this unit. I anneal everything after every firing now since it's so simple to do. I currently load for 20 Practical, 223, 22-250, 6X45, 243, and 6.5 CM. I am getting much better overall consistency with neck tensions, that's for sure. This unit hasn't had one glitch. It just works and works well and is so easy to switch calibers with. I'd give it 5 stars w/o hesitation.

Just a quick update now that I've annealed thousands of cases with this unit. I anneal everything after every firing now since it's so simple to do. I currently load for 20 Practical, 223, 22-250, 6X45, 243, and 6.5 CM. I am getting much better overall consistency with neck tensions, that's for sure. This unit hasn't had one glitch. It just works and works well and is so easy to switch calibers with. I'd give it 5 stars w/o hesitation.
Awesome, thank you for the updated review. I will be purchasing one soon.