Which annealer?

I bought the ugly annealer from Amazon last year and for less than $300 I couldn't be happier. Hard for me to believe unless you are a competition shooter that competes against the best in the world that an amp is worth the extra cost. One thing I think is a requirement with a flame annealer is to get an adapter to run off a bbq bottle of propane. The small portable bottles get to cold when you anneal a large amount of brass and the flame will get smaller as the pressure drops from the cold temperature, with the larger bottle this doesn't happen.

Attachments

• IMG_2724.jpeg
    IMG_2724.jpeg
    127.1 KB · Views: 43
I started with a torch but during covid 6.5 PRC brass was scarce and I didn't want to ruin mine. I also have minimal time for handloading so I bought the AMP. I tried ordering one of the cheaper ones but it was on backorder so long I canceled it and got the AMP.

One thing I think is a requirement with a flame annealer is to get an adapter to run off a bbq bottle of propane.

Agreed. I use a a regulator too. I hardly ever have to adjust the flame. On the Burstfire it's speed thing. Just adjust the speed setting to the case your going to anneal.

I temp paint (750F) a couple of trash cases and always get a reference temp with my infrared just to make sure it's set right.

There was a link about 2 years ago, guy from Idaho making a decent one, kinda a anealeez knock off sold for bout $150. It works well, maybe he is on this forum and will sent you the link. I liked. It for what I was doing. Just went in with a friend and boy an AMP. That is quick and consistent as heck. Big jump but worth it .

I did that for years, It work, but I seen the error in my ways and have changed.
Are you suggesting that doing it in water is not a good idea or needed ? Or using propane is not a good way to anneal ? I'm fairly new to reloading. So I am curious. I was giving the pan of water some thought even though I bought the EP annealer.