Which 6mm for coworker's new rifle

The "Rem" seems to have it in stock, I've never had any problems with their brass. https://www.remington.com/handloading/brass/29-23086.html
Cheers

Not available

full-25419-367452-aaa7189b_7824_4ee0_b844_7d073cdae90f.jpeg

I have a 243 win, 6mm-06, 243 wssm 243 why, and a 6mm br... hands down favorite of my 2 boys, (8-13 ) is the 6mm br. It's super accurate very little recoil, and kills deer like lightning. Just my 2 cents. Good luck on your endeavor.
great choice, I would also say a 6 Dasher, it just puts it perfect for the 105 Hybrids or the new 108 Hunting Hybrids. Plenty of speed and can't get anymore accurate. every kid I ever put on my Dasher I couldn't get them off it until it was out of ammo and they all had a grin on their face a mile wide!

The only other thing I would say is I would go a CF wrapped barrel in say a Proof Sendero or sendero lite contour, the # 2 is going to look like a "straw in the Grand Canyon" in that stock, they usually come cut for a Heavy Palma, I know the 3 I have are and all the others I have seen. It is a very heavy stock also, but pretty comfortable. I know when my Daughter was eight years old she fell in love with my Dasher in a Manners EH5 and it fit her well enough she was making hits out to 1000yrds, She liked it so much I never got it back, she commandeered it on the spot informing me it was now hers! I think going a lighter stock, a 22" barrel and a cartridge like the 6 Dasher or 6 Creed at the most would be more beneficial than the adjustable stock that weighs double what the EH1 or EH5 does, the weight is going to be harder on the 8 year old to hold and balance than a stock that's a tiny bit too long.

Last edited:
+1 for the 243 AI
105 vlds @ 3150 over Rl16 from a 24 inch barrel
Mines getting redone at RBROS now
New barrel and new Peak44 stock
Kids love to shoot it

+2 (or 3) for the 243AI. Which was my first venture into the world of wildcatting & perhaps why I have such a fondness for it. Great brass availability (now), more punch vs standard .243... love that little cartridge.

Now, as stated many, many times.... 6mm Creed for the easy-button win. But, who wants to do it the easy way? 😂

t

With three kids plus the dad at times shooting the rifle, I think the obvious answer is a 6 Creedmoor just because of the availability of quality components. A typical trip to the range with all 3 kids practicing could result in 60-100 shots being taken.

I think he's pretty much set on the 6mm Creedmoor, brass availability alone swayed him.

Waiting for a call/email from Manners to see what the smallest contour is for the MCS-CS2 stock. He's found a couple of light sporter contour 7 and 7.5 twist barrels, and I think he was looking for an action this morning when I talked to him.

Favorite DEER RIFLE
We put this .243 Winchester rifle together for both of us maybe between 15-20 years. We actually had a twin set with .243 and 7MM08.

It is a Remington Model 700 Mountain Rifle Drop Magazine with a 22" Matte barrel, Jeweled bolt. It wears a Nikon Monarch E/Monarch Gold 2.5 – 10 x 50SF. When this Scope originally came out it could only be Special Ordered from Nikon. My Father in Law worked for Bass Pro and knew the rep from Nikon and got this for us. Originally cost was $2K. Now it is far less $s for the scope.

The total weight is 8lb 3oz.
I have to look up the barrel twist, but think it is 1:10.

I took the wood stock off and put on a Bell & Carlson Compositive on it in "Coyote" color.

I lapped the barrel and did a trigger job on the factory trigger. Shoots < ½ Moa with Lapua Brass, H-4350 and S100gr GK.

Attachments

• 243 Win Model 700.jpg
    243 Win Model 700.jpg
    775.9 KB · Views: 41