which 6mm ?

huntinfool18

im in the process of building an all a round fun gun for paper, varmints, deer and antelope. i cant decide between the 6mm dasher or the 243 ackley. any help with the pros and cons of each would be helpful. im also open to other 6mm posiblities. mainly all i want is mild recoil and good brass. thanks huntinfool18

I'm gonna say the 243 Ai because you can use facotry ammo in a pinch and it'll give a bit higher velocity letting you have a little more energy on game at longer ranges. Get a 1-8 twist and it'll be good on paper out past 1000yds with the 105 A-max and 107 SMK and a couple of the heavier Bergers.

I believe the 6mm dasher is a improved version? I use a improved version called the 6mm teJas( te hass)Which give a bit of edge on accuracy over a 243AI.It depends on what is more important for you accuracy or extreme vevocity and barrel life.

yes the dasher is an improved version of the br. i would much rather have accuracy over anything. speed is nothing if you cant hit what your aming at. huntinfool18

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.