Which 6mm?

Bill Bailey,

hvyw8t is right, 6mm-284 is one of the fastest 6mms out there, but if you thought the .243 was hard on your barrel, you ain't seen nothing yet. If it was accurate after 800-1000 rounds you would be lucky. Like the race car guys say, how fast can you afford to go . E-mail Kirby, I am pretty sure he has a .243 AI reamer and he could give you some insight.
Just my 2c
Joe Boyd

Do you think exclusive use of the 115 DTAC in the 6-284 (slower MV's / less powder) will appreciably increase the barrel life of a 6mm-284?

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think exclusive use of the 115 DTAC in the 6-284 (slower MV's / less powder) will appreciably increase the barrel life of a 6mm-284?

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent question. I was wondering the same thing. Only w/the 120 gr Wildcat, or whatever weight Richard thinks one can stabalize in a 7.5 twist. I'm guessing since pressures still run about the same, probably not.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts