Where's the powder?

Boy's, we are playing right into their hands. The component cartels are allowing you to set the top price for products. Hoarders are shooting themselves and the rest of us in the foot. If we would all refuse to purchase anything the market would recover. If we only purchased what would be necessary to get by on it would also recover but take a little longer. As long as there are profiteers willing to bid the price up, we are screwing ourselves. Why would a manufacturer set the price for anything less than max as long as people were paying it. I saw a 8# 'er of H1000 bid to the $4000 area. This insanity is a recipe for disaster.

There is POWDER out there. Just depends on your location and timing. Right Place at the Right Time...
I am seeing the most amount of Powder than seen in many years on the internet. Internet Retailers have the Powder & Primers. You can see it sitting on their sites for DAYS without running out-that is because people are not buying it due to the PRICES,
The sites where VETRAN posts Powder or primers available and you get there and it's gone, because the PRICE is not great, not good, but bearable. If powder or primers are on the site for a few days it's usually because it is priced too high. It should sit there forever until the price gets corrected.
There is also a fair amount of powder out there from private hunter/shooters. You just have to be in the area(s) and be a realistic/fair trader. We have very good variety/supply of powder/primers. But it was at a cost. We made several Powder Trading Trips throughout the SE. Trips took a few days each and several hundred miles. We met and made some good friends by conducting FAIR trades. Sometimes you have to be able to give a little or a lot to get a little or a lot.
Then there is Brass & Bullets. We were and still are so lucky with getting bullets & Brass from LRH members. There is a lot of "Unobtanium" out there and not from retailers. Comes from LRH members. At least we can ship Brass & Bullets and AMMO without problems.
If we could ship Powder & Primers like we do AMMO I think that none of us would be worrying about reloading cartridges for our next hunt or Match.

I bought some retumbo from midway last week it sold out in 5 mins. Here's where I'm lost the Manufacture date was 11-12-21. How does midway just get it in stock with a date that old? Is it being rationed out by the powder company? Is there actually a deficit of powder? Found some Imr 4350 in bass pro last night they just got in yesterday, again manufacture date was September of last year. Logistics isn't bad right now as I work doing just that before someone goes down that road. I can't figure out where the issue is. Powder companies say they're cranking it out and behind.

Boy's, we are playing right into their hands. The component cartels are allowing you to set the top price for products. Hoarders are shooting themselves and the rest of us in the foot. If we would all refuse to purchase anything the market would recover. If we only purchased what would be necessary to get by on it would also recover but take a little longer. As long as there are profiteers willing to bid the price up, we are screwing ourselves. Why would a manufacturer set the price for anything less than max as long as people were paying it. I saw a 8# 'er of H1000 bid to the $4000 area. This insanity is a recipe for disaster.
What you say makes sense , but if you are running out of something, what choice does a fellow have ?
Your probably going to buy what you can find, unless the price is way out of line for me.
An example is gunbroker , they have H 4350 for 89.00 a pound ,are you kidding me ?
I won't buy a thing from them ,on principle.

I bought some retumbo from midway last week it sold out in 5 mins. Here's where I'm lost the Manufacture date was 11-12-21. How does midway just get it in stock with a date that old? Is it being rationed out by the powder company? Is there actually a deficit of powder? Found some Imr 4350 in bass pro last night they just got in yesterday, again manufacture date was September of last year. Logistics isn't bad right now as I work doing just that before someone goes down that road. I can't figure out where the issue is. Powder companies say they're cranking it out and behind.
A lot of truth to the gone in five minutes, most of the time a member posts that someplace has powder ,and you check for yourself , it's already gone ,or in store pick up only .

It's made in Australia. It's been sitting on a boat or in the port waiting to get shipped. Then it gets packaged here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    945.5 KB · Views: 42
Powder valley online
We used to buy a lot from PV. GREAT Company and kept prices down. Stopped buying from PV when they started the "CLOCK" on all purchases. Played that game a couple of times and waited for hours being told "Come back in 56 seconds" ect then All gone!. Never once got the powder. Still think they are a good company. Just couldn't beat their Clock System.

Does anyone know if this place is legitimate? Google street view shows this address as a residence.
https://alphexfirearms.com/product-category/smokeless-powder-in-stock/page/5/
Its a pretty sophisticated website to be bogus, the bitcoin thing is a red flag too.
I would say no
They have all the kind stuff
Why don't they take credit cards
I just got stung over the holidays from a similar site
Google map the address, might be a rundown trailer with crappy garage like tactical-world had👺

2 months from manufacturing to your door doesn't seem that bad. I would imagine the pallets of product are at least at the warehouse for 3-4 weeks (guessing here). After the manufacture they need to do quality control, inspection, etc.

Then probably a few weeks to hit the retailer and then post to online inventory. Also, it was manufactured right before the Christmas shopping season and shipping was even worse around then than it is today.

I would also imagine the powder companies are putting retailers on specific allocations. A little here, a little there, to service all of the manufactures clients (the retailers) and not give one a bunch and another none.

My LGS has plenty of powder at that price point and primers for $15 per 100….they can keep it! Primers are dropping slowly but powders are available online. And much cheaper.
Yes primers are cheaper online but the HazMat costs make it prohibitive. Most places have limits
And the stores selling 5K primers for $599.00,
😳

We used to buy a lot from PV. GREAT Company and kept prices down. Stopped buying from PV when they started the "CLOCK" on all purchases. Played that game a couple of times and waited for hours being told "Come back in 56 seconds" ect then All gone!. Never once got the powder. Still think they are a good company. Just couldn't beat their Clock System.
What is the clock system you're talking about? I'm unaware.
I have checked PV at least three times a day forever and not found anything that I need. Maybe there's more to it than I realize.